Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Is the Intel NUC 10 BXNUC10I7FNK1 supposed to come with m.2 screws?

The instructions indicate that 1 screw would be in each of the 2 standoffs on the board. My NUC came with 1 standoff in a bag, 1 already installed on the board and zero (0) screws in either one. :(

This was sold to me as "new" by Newegg. RMA? :(

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

No, the second standoff comes in the bag. You don't want it installed if you are going to use a M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD, which typically come in the 2280 (22x80mm) size. The one standoff that comes preinstalled should have a screw in it, however, so yes, you might have gotten a refurb/return.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks! Yeah, after reviewing some unboxing videos, I do seem to be missing that screw. I'll take this up with Newegg to see if I can get a replacement for the whole thing.

Do you think it's possible that the screw came out on its own during shipping? My fear in that case is that it's now lodged somewhere on the other side of the board, and powering it on would short something out or interfere with the fan. I didn't hear anything rattling around, so I'm leaning toward Newegg sending me an open box return item and billing me for it as if it were new. :-/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I doubt that the screw could come out on its own.

...S

0 Kudos