Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RSonal
Beginner

Issues with NUC8i7BEH getting hang

Intel 8th Gen Core I7 Mini PC (Core I7 NUC8i7BEH + 16GB DDR4 + 500GB SSD) is getting hang abruptly after one month of usage

I have purchased two NUC8i7BEH with a gap of one month.

The first machine I purchased was running docker images on it. It worked fine for one and half month and then started getting hang issues. Once the issue started it became a very frequent issue.

Now after 1 month of getting issues with first machine the second machine is also getting the same issue. Machine is getting stuck and display freezes. Couldn't do anything without restarting the machine. I am getting this issue almost 3 times a day now.

I am running same docker images on this machine which worked flawlessly for last one and half month but now for running same images machine is getting stuck.

Any help of suggestion to resolve this issue is much appreciated.

I can provide more details if required, please let me know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

When your NUC was replaced, was replaced with the SO DIMMs and SSD or the same memory and storage is used in the new NUC?

Leon

RSonal
Beginner

Hi! LWAKSMAN

I have not replaced my NUC, I have both of them with me and both machines are having the same issue.

Yes, both the NUCs have the same configuration.

Also, one more detail, I am running Ubuntu 16.04 on first one and Ubuntu 18.04 on the second machine.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @RSonal​ 

Sorry, for misunderstanding your post. I think that in this case is to looking for help in Ubuntu Community.

Leon

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I agree with Leon; we cannot help with this type of non-Windows issue. You could attempt to install Windows 10 onto one of these NUCs and see if you see the same hangs.

...S