Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Issues with wake from sleep INTEL NUC NUC8I7HVK

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I've had the Intel Nuc NUC817HVK for a couple of days now and need some advise.

I've noticed when the system goes to sleep, upon wake up non of the ports seem to function correctly.

No USB devices work including keyboard/mouse to log back into windows and HDMI no signal to monitor.

Only way I've been able to get it back working is forcing power off, removing power cable and then it seems okay on startup.

Running all of the latest drivers and latest bios.

I hope someone can shed some light as to why this is happening.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Novice

I had the same issue after the 44 BIOS update. I downgraded to the 40 BIOS and the problem disappeared. I used the F7 method with a USB stick.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Novice

I had the same issue after the 44 BIOS update. I downgraded to the 40 BIOS and the problem disappeared. I used the F7 method with a USB stick.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor II

Yeah, I'm not experiencing this with the v40 BIOS either.

I am a little confused about the sleeping in general though... when I tell Windows to sleep, it seems the power light on the NUC starts blinking slowly, which I assume means it's sleeping, but when I return later, it appears totally off/black.

When I hibernate, it goes totally black right away. Neither sleep nor hibernate result in the 4K TV I use as a monitor immediately displaying "no signal" (so it will eventually shut itself off) though - so I just manually power off the screen.

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks guys, I will give this a shot!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Remember that there is a timeout for hibernation as well. If it sits in the Sleep state for long enough, it will then transition to the Hibernate state.

If it is making it into the Hibernate state, pressing the power button should bring it back out fairly rapidly.

...S

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for input. I have reverted back to 040 bios after much difficulty in being able to achieve this. Will report back if this resolves my issues.

I don't think the system went into hibernate - and even so the power led and activity lights did come back on after pressing the power button from a flashing state, just none of the ports were behaving properly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Sleep isn't even an option on my NUC8i7HNK. It isn't even present on the Power settings window. Did Intel remove the sleep capability because of these issues I wonder?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello, smckenna. Thank you for joining this thread.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, please create a new thread explaining your problem. Make sure you include your system configuration and a clear explanation about the issue so we can give you a solution as soon as possible.

I recommend you as well to update Windows 10*.

Antony S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos