Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DHooi1
Novice

Just received my NUC and I am not able to get a signal to any screen monitor. What am I missing here?

It is a NUC8i7HVK - I installed the M.2 drive and memory, but then no luck from there. The power light goes on a solid blue and the far right LED is green. But that's it. I have tried following advice in various threads here but nothing seems to work.

I have tried booting up without memory or drive installed but receive no errors that I can see. The lights always stay the same solid blue and green.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @DHooi1​ 

1. If without both SODIMMs the Power Button light stays solid, it is bad sign. Meaning that your NUC didn't start POST and devices initialization. In such condition (without RAM), this light should blink, indicating memory failure.
  2. Try to disconnect the Power Cable and the connector of CMOS battery and reconnect after 15 minutes at least.
  3. If after reconnecting the CMOS battery the situation remains the same, you should ask in the place where you bought your NUC, replace it with a new one.
  4. In case that your can't return your NUC to the seller, you may address an RMA request to Intel Service.

5. You may fill a form (here: https://supporttickets.intel.com/servicecenter), but it is best to contact Intel Customer Support using phone. Use the links below to find the closest phone number for your country:

Leon

DHooi1
Novice

Hi Leon,

Thanks for the advice. It doesn't look good for me, as it would seem that POST didn't start as there was no blinking light when powered up without RAM.

I have disconnected the CMOS battery and I will leave it for a while and then try again. But I am not too hopeful. It looks like I will most likely have to chase a warranty replacement. Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed and reconnect the CMOS battery in a little while and try again.

Doug

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Doug,

Please disconnect the Power Cable too, together with the CMOS battery.

Leon

DHooi1
Novice

Hi Leon,

I disconnected the power cable when I did the CMOS battery, I also uninstalled both the m.2 drive and the memory.. so there is nothing in it at the moment.

I have reconnected the CMOS battery and just tried to power it up with nothing else in it, and no flashing lights, however it now powers off and on again every couple of minutes.

I guess, it looks like I have a faulty unit.

Doug

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Doug,

One last try. Please install your components (or the memory at least). And try to boot into Power button Menu:

• Press and hold the Power Button and count: 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004
  • Release the Power Button. NUC should boot into Power Button Menu.

Or instead to booting into Power Button Menu, you may try to boot into Configuration Menu (also with memory installed):

• remove the Yellow Bios Security Jumper and power ON your NUC. There should be no ant USB stick inserted.
  • NUC should boot into Configuration Menu (see the attached image)

Leon

DHooi1
Novice

Hi Leon,

Thanks so much for your help. I will try this tomorrow. I am in Australia and it is now around 11:20pm

Doug

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

If you are within a few weeks of the purchase date, I suggest you try taking it back to the place of purchase and getting it replaced there. This will be quicker than doing an RMA - and you will get another brand new unit instead of, depending upon what Intel has available, possibly a refurbished unit.

Just saying,

...S

DHooi1
Novice

Only a day old. Yes, im talking to the supplier about replacement. It was an online shop, so probably have to send it back to them first. ​