Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12546 Discussions

Keep getting notification of upgrades

Stopher999
Novice

Hello,

I have the intel Driver & Support assistant installed on my Windows 11 computer. I received a notfication that I have  2 updates. 

Intel® Management Engine Consumer Driver for Windows® 10 & Windows 11* for Intel® NUC8i7HVK & NUC8i7HNK

Intel® Ethernet (LAN) Network Connection Driver for Windows® 10 & Windows 11* for Intel® NUC8i7HVK & NUC8i7HNK

I installed the updates and restarted yet my assistant keeps saying I have these 2 updates pending. Anyone else ran into this issue? Anyone know how to resolve the issue?

Any other info you need from me, please let me know.

1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Tell IDSA to ignore the update.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

View solution in original post

25 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Tell IDSA to ignore the update.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

LeonWaksman
Super User

I have the same indication in my NUC. Although the ME Driver was downloaded and updated by IDSA and also manually, the IDSA keeps requesting this updated. Same notification for the LAN driver, however I think that the LAN driver is not updated, since in the package an setup.exe file is missing. So, as Al suggested, hide those updates in IDSA.

In addition IDSA gives me an alert: "This system is incompatible with Intel® Arc™ graphics" which I also hided.

Leon

Stopher999
Novice
Hello

Thanks for the help. I also get the arc graphics thingy too. Ok just set to ignore.. thanks again.

Christopher
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Christopher,

I would not sign any answer here as "solved", since there is an issue with IDSA giving false indication for ME Driver update. This should be fixed. In addition, there is a problem with the LAN driver that can't be updated with IDSA or manually. While you sign this thread as solved it will be not monitored by Intel.  

Leon

Stopher999
Novice

Doh..I am sorry, I did not think of that. Sorry. 

Christopher

Jean_Intel

Hello @Stopher999.

Thank you for the information provided.  

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hi Stopher999,

We have updated the IDSA manifest and this issue should be resolved by now, please give it a try again and let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Ronny G

Stopher999
Novice

Hello,

Thank you for the info. Now I have another questions...I ignored the 2 updates, how do I "Un-ignore" them now, so I can see if the updates are fixed.  Getting old stinks. I can't figure out.

Thanks

Christopher

Jean_Intel

Thanks for your response.

Regarding your questions, in order to turn on the notifications again would depend on the method you use to snooze the driver update message:

• In case you change the notifications setting, you only need to revert this change.

• Run the IDSA scan.
    • Click Settings from the menu on the left side of the screen.
    • Choose the desired frequency.

If any of these options help you, please re-scan your system and check if the new update message appears.

I hope you find this information useful.

Best regards,

Jean O.  

Jean_Intel

Hello @Stopher999.

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.

Stopher999
Novice

Hello,

Sorry been crazy busy. I followed what you posted but I can not find where I can un-Sleep the updates. I know I put them to sleep for a month but I can't seam to figure out how to un do what I did. 

Christopher

Jean_Intel

Thanks for your response.

Since you you snooze the notification asking the Intel® DSA to Hide it, you should be able to uncheck the hide option once you click on the Hidden updates option. For more information, visit this article (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056698/software/software-applications.ht...). On the article you will see a picture that shows a "Hidden Updates" menu, there you should be able to uncheck the Hide updates option.

Also, I would like to confirm what happened If scan your system.

Let me know the outcome of these suggestions.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Stopher999
Novice

Hello

I do not see the Hidden updates option...I right click on the app and nothing, I run the app and nothing. 

Christopher

Jean_Intel

Hello @Stopher999.

Thank you for the information provided.  

I will proceed and check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Stopher999
Novice

Hello,

I know I put the updates to sleep for 1 month, that has been about 2 weeks ago. Once they come back avaible, I will update the post.

Sorry for all the confusion.

Christopher

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Stopher999 

You don't need wait two weeks to reenable LAN update. Watch on the attached video how to reenable this update.

Leon

Stopher999
Novice

Hello,

I don't get that. I have nothing under the green "Your Intel drivers and software are up to date."

Just the list of my Intel® Client Systems NUC. 

Garitaar
Novice

Hello @Stopher999  @LeonWaksman  @Jean_Intel  @Ronny_G_Intel  @AlHill  

There are several threads on this topic, and Intel unambiguously have more than one issue in their workflow that enabled the compounded challenge with this LAN update.

Intel have apparently not communicated with Microsoft so they can push 1.0.2.14.

This approach succeeded for me.  If you are doing this and it is not succeeding, I would be curious to know more.

Let's take it from the top.

1)  download the driver.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19711/intel-ethernet-lan-network-connection-driver-...

2)  unzip the driver folder so you can point Device Manager to the folder containing the driver.

3)  Open Device Manager, Network Adapters, Ethernet Controller (3) I225-LM, and open the Driver tab.

4)  If any version other than 1.0.2.14 is presented, choose Uninstall Device and check the box for attempting to remove the driver.

5)  Close the Ethernet Controller (3) I225-LM dialog box.

6)  Within the Device Manager, right-click on Network Adapters and select Scan for Hardware Changes.

7)  Ethernet Controller (3) I225-LM should reappear in the list. 

Reopen the dialog box for Ethernet Controller (3) I225-LM and go to the Driver tab.

9)  Within the dialog box, select Update Driver and Browse My Computer.

10)  Locate the folder where you unzipped LAN-Win10_Win11-1.0.2.14 and select the folder as the driver source.

11)  Driver version 1.0.2.14 should successfully install.

12)  Reboot.

13)  Run Microsoft Updates.

14)  when/if Windows Update reverts the driver to version 1.0.2.6 then use the Device Manager function "Roll Back Driver" to the previously installed version which was 1.0.2.14.

(Note that the rollback function appears to be about the order in which drivers are loaded, not about version numbers or their dates.)

Jean_Intel

Hello @Stopher999

Thanks for waiting for a response.

This behavior on the IDSA may indicate that the drivers are installed now on your unit. However, you can try reinstalling the Intel DSA and again run the scan, for uninstalling the Intel DSA follow the steps listed below:

• Uninstall Intel® DSA via Control Panel.
  • Delete all old log files from C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA.
  • Uninstall Intel® Computing Improvement Program or Intel®'s Product Improvement Program via Control Panel.
  • Restart the system.
  • Download the latest version of Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html)

As well, to confirm the drivers to be installed on your system, you can try and install them manually, if you do so, I recommend having the drivers removed and reinstalled using the following links:

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Jean_Intel

Hello @Stopher999

I hope you are doing fine

Were you able to check my previous suggestions?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.