Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12334 Discussions

Keyboard intermittently not working

Markymate
Beginner

Hi all, I've brought a NUC10i5FNH and since I've had it the keyboard keeps intermittently stops working or lags badly.  I've tried everything including buying a new keyboard.  The keyboard and mouse are wireless, I've updated drivers, uninstalled/re-installed, tried different ports, been into settings and properties and done everything as advised but nothing works.

The mouse isn't affected, only the keyboard.  Has anyone got any suggestions, anything will be appreciated.

By the way, this message has taken me nearly an hour to complete!!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

Markymate, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the keyboard?

Is this a new Intel® NUC?

When did you purchase it?

Was the keyboard working fine before on this specific Intel® NUC?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Markymate
Beginner

Hello Albert

Thank you for getting back to me, here are the answers to your questions

Logitech MK270

14/12/2021 from Scan.co.uk

No

As soon as connected

No

10 home

Home

See report attached

Since my OP I have swapped to an old keyboard I had and so far everything is working okay. The logitech keyboard worked on another PC so I know it works.

Mark

Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Markymate, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Based on the SSU report we can confirm that the wireless driver version currently installed on your Intel® NUC is 22.40.0.7, which is the latest version provided by Intel® for your device:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18836/intel-wireless-technology-based-driver-for-wi...

Just to let you know, at this point, pretty much you already tried all the troubleshooting steps we recommend for this scenario. There is another wireless driver version for the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 card which is 22.100.1.1. that we have available. For testing purposes, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below and once you get the chance, please let us know the results:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-i...

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005478/wireless/intel-wireless-products....

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Markymate
Beginner

Thank you for the new info, I tried those download but it didn't work with the new keyboard, but out of frustration I went back to my old keyboard and surprisingly it worked without further problem. So I'm going to leave well alone for the time being!

Thank you for all your help and advice, it's very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Mark

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Mark,

Please clarify what is the "old" keyboard, which I understand is working now after firmware update and what is the "new" keyboard that is not working. 

If your keyboard is working now and you have no further questions, please mark the answer as solved in order to close this thread.

Leon

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Markymate 

1. Your Keyboard +Mouse combo is not using the NUC Wireless Adapter, rather it is using a USB wireless receiver, that is supplied with this set. So, the NUC Wireless Driver is not affecting this fuctionality.

2. On this page Download - Wireless Combo MK270 you will find downloads for this set. I suggest that you download the Firmware Update Tool and check if the firmware in the USB Receiver and the keyboard is updated. The Logitech Connection Utility will help to check the connection to the keyboard.

3. To minimize the effect of Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) from the USB port, relocate the USB Wireless Receiver to other USB port (for exemple to the front port), or alternatively connect the receiver in some distance from your NUC, using a USB Extension Cable.

Leon

Markymate
Beginner

Hi Leon

I tried downloading the firmware tool but it just kept saying the no Logitech devices found.  So maybe there was something wrong with the keyboard or USB connector.  It's now been returned so using the old Logitech keyboard which at first had the same problem. 

Out of interest I just tried downloading the firmware tool again and it worked straight away. 

Thank you for your help and advice, very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Mark