Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Kinect compatibility on NUC6i7KYK

I've setup the Skull Canyon NUC and have noticed a distinct lack of performance over the USB Host controller in the system. It does not seem to be able to handle the high bandwidth requirements of the Kinect for Xbox One sensor (via USB 3.0). Is there any plan at all to update the board's firmware or drivers to better support high bandwidth USB 3.0 devices? I've also attempted to make use of a USB 3.1 to USB 3.0 adapter (Thunderbolt 3) but saw even worse performance. Any and all advice would be much appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Please confirm if you still need assistance with your Intel® NUC?

Allan.
idata
Community Manager

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the pointers. I wound up updating the Bios and other drivers and the Kinect seems to be running successfully now.

While my issue was resolved I did want to note that both the firmware update and bus driver update for the Thunderbolt controller in the NUC failed with the message that there is not compatible Thunderbolt hardware available in the device which seems incorrect.

idata
Community Manager

I am glad to hear that updating the bios and some drivers did the trick.

Thanks for the feedback.

Allan.
idata
Community Manager

Hi, I am trying to achieve the same (connecting a Kinect One to a MUC6i7KYK), but I cannot get the right performance. The Kinect Configuration Verifier tells me that the USB is unsupported and any Kinect application I try gives a problem connecting (I'm a Kinect developer myself). The same Kinect runs fine on another computer. I've updated the BIOS and the drivers to all the latest versions, but I cannot get the Kinect to connect properly.

To confirm: you managed to get the Kinect working using the USB 3.0, not using a connection to the Thunderbolt port, right? I've also tried to connect to Thunderbolt using a adapter, but that didn't work either.

Any pointers where to look further or what to try?

Your help is much appreciated.

idata
Community Manager

Btw: I am using Windows 10 64 bits, latest official version.

@srick: can you help out?