Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12330 Discussions

Lan issue - NUC11 Enthusiast

Johnbob
New Contributor I

Hello Intel Support,

I have had my NUC11 Enthusiast now for 3weeks.

I have still no LAN connection, I can use only wifi.

I have checked the BIOS and the LAN card as described here:

Check BIOS Check that Ethernet LAN is enabled in BIOS:
  1. Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup.
  2. Go to Advanced > Devices > Onboard Devices.
  3. Check the box to enable LAN.
  4. Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.
You might see this as Primary LAN and Secondary LAN on some Intel NUC models.

But still no Ethernet LAN network card !

Where the Fun is the Ethernet cardWhere the Fun is the Ethernet cardWhat the face is ethernet ?What the face is ethernet ?

lan issue2.pngwhere is LAN ??where is LAN ??

the LAN RJ45 port is blinking ! Even when the NUC is off, the 2 leds of the RJ45 port are blinking when I connect a RJ45 cable to my network. 

I tried 2 different LAN Cables, that are working (tested them on another computer).

I am getting desperated here.... after sound issues, now LAN issues. I feel like in 1999.

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Johnbob
New Contributor I

Hi,

I just checked today for driver updates and figured out that a new BIOS has been released.

And it solved the LAN issue !

OMFG !!!!!!

I was about to send back the NUC to warranty support.

Now I can enjoy the LAN Cable and keep my NUC.

Thanks INTEL !! Just on time before a scandal.

lan issue_06.png

As a summary:  BIOS PHTGL579 solves the invisible LAN or LAN issue

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Oniemusha
Beginner

Hi @John ,

Curious to help you out here. Can you please provide some information?

1.  What is your bios version?
  2.  Have you tried updating your bios?
  3. Can you provide images of your bios settings, specifically on the Advanced > Devices > Onboard Devices? It is pretty odd that no wired LAN information on the logs except for not available.   

Looking forward in your response mate! 

Johnbob
New Contributor I

Hi,

Yes, I think that I have the latest BIOS version offered on this official INTEL page: the PHTGL579

Bios seems to be up to dateBios seems to be up to dateLAN is enabledLAN is enabledEthernet Port is blinking like at las vegasEthernet Port is blinking like at las vegasFYIFYIagain the BIOs infoagain the BIOs info

I'd pay a beer to anyone solving this issue

Johnbob
New Contributor I

Well , now I have installed all software I could find on the driver page and I have this

Johnbob_0-1635523902003.png

which is an improvement... but I have to fix it

Johnbob
New Contributor I

After a reboot the Intel Ethernet Controller doesn't show up anymore ?

Can somebody help me here ?

Johnbob
New Contributor I

Now it is back.

Johnbob_0-1635599659881.png

Johnbob_1-1635599703953.png

How to solve this ?

Oniemusha
Beginner

Hi mate!

Thank you for your response! I am sorry to hear you haven't been able to solve the issue but a great improvement that the Ethernet controller was detected but only with error  

Just to ask, have you tried the bios recovery? If not, please refer to this manual and see page 33 (5.4.2 Power Button Menu)

For your reference, you can also watch this video (for your unit, bios file to download .cap)

Johnbob
New Contributor I

Hi Thanks for your proposal.

What I don't understand is : "Why should I perform a bios recovery when I already have the latest Bios version ?"

Oniemusha
Beginner

Hi mate!

Sorry if I proposed something of "you should not be doing". I am just thinking that this might work since the purpose of the BIOS is to identify and initialize processor, memory, hard drives, optical drives, and other hardware. I am just assuming that it might have written with a wrong information at the time of the update (bios).

Anyways, I assume Intel techie will soon notice your issue or you could just reach out to them directly.  Thank you for your cooperation. I will still follow the thread so I can learn more. Hopefully, you can bump into the solution and post it here. 

David_G_Intel

If I may offer input here, if you tried all the steps in the article What to do if the NUC's Local Area Network (LAN) port is not working ( https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026225/intel-nuc/intel-nuc-kits.html ) and the problem persists, you can contact live support.

Verify that your warranty is still active to initiate the RMA process (you cannot do this through the forums). Here are pages where you can lookup contact information, including local/country phone numbers, by geography: 

U.S. and Canada: Intel Customer Support 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html 

Europe, Middle East and Africa: Intel Customer Support EMEA  

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support/emea-contact.html 

Asia-Pacific: Intel Customer Support APAC  

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support/apac-contact.html 

Latin America: Intel Customer Support LAR  

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support/lar-contact.html 

You can use the online forms service or email, but I actually recommend calling them directly. The above links provide local or toll-free numbers in most countries and support most local languages. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Johnbob
New Contributor I

Hi,

I just checked today for driver updates and figured out that a new BIOS has been released.

And it solved the LAN issue !

OMFG !!!!!!

I was about to send back the NUC to warranty support.

Now I can enjoy the LAN Cable and keep my NUC.

Thanks INTEL !! Just on time before a scandal.

lan issue_06.png

As a summary:  BIOS PHTGL579 solves the invisible LAN or LAN issue