Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Latest updates borked HDCP 2.2 and SGX detection

I have a BOXNUC8i5BEH, the most recent BIOS update seems to have broken HDCP 2.2 and SGX detection for PowerDVD.  I have been in contact with Cyberlink and have exhausted their support.  They state that they are using Intel provided code to detect SGX.  I have verified that SGX is enabled in BIOS and have given it the recommended memory allocation by Cyberlink.  The SGX Windows Service is running, but the PowerDVD BluRay Advisor cannot detect SGX and now it is saying that HDCP 2.2 is also missing.  I'm unable to watch 4k movies on my NUC any more.  I'm confident that both the TV and A/V receiver have the necessary features to support it as this used to work.  In addition, 4k movie playback still functions using my XBox One X.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Please find the requested document attached

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

It is weird that graphics driver 27.20.100.8280 did not replace 26.20.100.8141.

You can use Corel Ultra HD Blu-ray check tool 1.0.0.32 instead of old CyberLink Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor. But you need to solve HDCP 2.2 issue first. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Adjusted the amount of RAM from 1024 to 512 to the graphics card and now HDCP 2.2 is passing (weird).  Would you happen to have a link to the corel tool?  I tried looking for it, but couldn't find it.  I contacted their support to see if I could find it, but they're busy and have to get back to me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I did find that, guess I should have used the translate to English   Well, lookie at these results

Forums: 1, Cyberlink: 0

twerthi_0-1596408411809.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

You can run CyberLink Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor again and check the error code. If you get the error code -394260080, I think SGX works and you should run your PowerDVD 17 if it supports UHD Blu-ray discs.

I got the error code -394260080, but PowerDVD 20 Ultra plays UHD Blu-ray discs.

0 Kudos