cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BJack14
Beginner

Lights on hades canyon stay on after windows shutdown

Hi,

The lights in my hades canyon stay on when the unit is shutdown. It has the latest drivers and bios, and the latest win 10 pro version. This is newly built 2 days ago.

Any ideas please?

Cheers

Bruce

0 Kudos
12 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Enter Bios and press F9 followed by "Y". This will set Bios to default settings. Press F10 confirmed by "y" to save settings and exit to Windows.
  2. Uninstall The LED Manager (if installed) and check the shutdown now.

Leon

BJack14
Beginner

Yeah just tried that, still have blue power button, green power light and skull full on. It's almost as if there is no control on the skull, there wasn't with the led manager either.

LeonWaksman
Super User

1.Disconnect the Power cord.

2. Open the upper cover and lift the LED panel.

3. Disconnect the CMOS battery connector and reconnect it after 15 minutes.

4. Reassemble the upper cover, reconnect the Power cord and check the NUC.

Leon

BJack14
Beginner

Hi Leon,

That worked a treat!

Cheers

Bruce

BJack14
Beginner

Ha, gone completely the opposite way now, booted fine 5 times, now boots and no lights!

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Did you make some changes?
  2. The Bios is still in default settings?
  3. Do you installed LED Manager? If not, install it and see the LEDs status.

Leon

BJack14
Beginner

Nah, no changes, I get hdd and wifi light, no power button, power or skull, bizarre

LeonWaksman
Super User

If reset of the CMOS battery will fix this problem again, I would try to replace this battery. This is an example only: https://www.amazon.com/CR2032-Battery-51021-0200-B-1-25mm-Connector/dp/B07TS54R42/ref=sr_1_1?keyword...

Leon

BJack14
Beginner

I'll try that, but if the cmos battery is dead I would have thought I'd see the time and date errors on the post screen every time I booted up after I just pop the power out and leave it for 15 mins whilst keeping the batter in

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Bruce,

Theoretically you are right. The purpose of the CMOS battery in NUC is to keep RTC. That why after disconnecting this battery, you needed to set the date and time again. However, when the battery is not completely depleted, the time is still kept while we see some other phenomena is Bios functionality. In this forum I saw that is many cases, when the CMOS battery was weak, even the boot process was disturbed. This of course is not intended in design. This is some remains from the legacy bios taken to the new UEFI bios. In the nearest future, I hope, it will be fixed.

Leon

BJack14
Beginner

​OK cool, i'll get another and report back soon with info.

Gaz2613
Novice

If you are still having issues with LEDs staying on after shutdown I have been testing some theories based on other research. Disable HDMI CEC feature in the BIOS and save and exit. Let me know if it solves your issue. I had same issue with a few other quirks but after doing the above my NUC has been flawless so far but time will tell.