Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Loud noise out of speakers

I use a BT receiver to play musik over my system. Since I use this NUC a very loud noise comes out of the speaker if:

1. choosing next title into player

2. drag and drop new music into player

3. Any input over Keyboard (this is new after Win 1803 was installed today)

4. It never happened so far if Audiolevel was zero but after upgrade to 1803 it happens even if Audiolevel is zero.

Point 1 and 2 happens from time to time and apears not constantly. (Win 1703)

Point 3 happen all the time now. A speaker has crashed today because of that really loud but short noise. (Win 1803)

What did I do?

Changing BT receiver and use differend players. But it happens with VLC, MS Mediaplayer and Cyberlink Player (all new versions)

So it means up to now cannot use this NUC für playing music.

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

To be more precise, problem happens not only over BT, it happens with direkt contacted Speakers too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

First, make sure the Intel® Wireless Bluetooth and BIOS are up to date. You can find the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27622/Wireless-Intel-Wireless-Bluetooth-for-Windows-10?pro...

You can also try using other devices such as a cell phone to check if you get the same noise. Try connecting headphones with a 3.5mm jack to check if you get the same behavior, too. Please share the results.

In addition, please provide the model of the speakers and model of your Intel® NUC

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Wanner,

thanks for your answer.

NUC is a 7I7BNH, all drivers are up to date. BT Version is 20.40.0.3, BIOS is 0063.

Signal is send via "Audioengine B1" or "SMSL Sanskrit PRO-B" to Naim Audio preamp. Using the main desktop (Asus x99deluxe2) works fine without any problem. Connecting via 3.5mm jack to Logitech Z4 speakers get the same problem.

Kind regards

Hermann

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis,

Thank you for your response.

Did you try connecting headphones to your unit, too? This is just for testing purposes.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for the hint.

Well, listen with DT770pro the noise is clearly listenable as descripted at point 1 and 2.

Point 3+4 seems gone after deleting the audiodriver and reboot.

1+2 still there.

It might be connected to this problem I reported some days ago:

Since Win 1803 the problem get worse.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis,

I sent you a private message.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis,

Because you get the same problem when using both wireless and wired devices, it means that the issues you are experiencing are not related to the Bluetooth driver nor the Bluetooth adapter.

My recommendation is for you to roll back to the previous version of Windows and monitor the performance of your unit. If the issues continue happening, please try a clean install of the operating system, if possible.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Wanner,

thank you very much for your kind help.

Going back to 1703 doesnt make any sense to me because problem occoured after clean install under Win 1703. To be honest, I do not have enough time to roll back. I'll call Amazon for swapping NUC. And this will be the last time. To many time invest.

Lets see what happens so far:

30.04.2016 - buying NUC-Kit i5-6260U (Kit into same room as repeater)

20.05.2016 - replaced by a new but same kit after dead of Graphics

01.02.2018 - after moving NUC behind a wall got massiv WLAN failure of NUC-Kit i5-6260U (Intel-Support involved)

Replaced by a NUC7I7BNH

Clean install was done to prevent unpredictical results, Wlan problems gone

1st of June 2018 a second clean install was done because of Audio/Video into Browsers starts to stutter from time to time.

24.04.2018 - thread opened and support requested for "Audio/Video into Browsers starts to stutter" (still open)

01.05.2018 - thread opened and support requested for "loud noise out of speakers" (still open)

A couple action are done and except Point 3+4 which was obviously a driver failure after MS update, problems still into system.

This NUC can still be delivered and I hope Amazon will not kick me out...

I'll come back if replacement is done.

Kind reagards

Hermann

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

The replacement is done but did not solve the problem. In contrast, it's worse with the new one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis

Thank you for your response,

Could you provide me with an example of the noise that you are having? Video or audio recording

I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Steps to save the report:
  1. Run the utility.
  2. Click on "Scan" to get the scanned system.
  3. Once the scan is complete click on "next".
  4. Use the "save" option, save the report to your desktop.
  5. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Leonardo,

thank you very much for your help. SSU TXT is attached.

I tried to get it with a Zoom recorder. The audio file shows the problem at 7 seconds. Its like a small spike. Recording is done from logitech boxes that are connected via jack plug. But those Logitech speakers dont uses dedicated tweeter as the main audio system do. Therefore its like a small spike but nothing against that noise on the main audio system where the spike is far far louder.

Will try to catch that spike better with other speakers at my main audio system.

Kind Regards,

Hermann

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Here are two additional samples recorded from Logitech speakers. Turn up the volume and on both files a noise ist listenable right at the begin of a video. But again quieter then on the main audio system. Havent got other speakers to record from main system right now but work on it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis

Thank you for your response,

To make sure that I have the information correctly in the audios provided the speakers are directly connected to the unit by the jack port? (there are no devices in between)

Could you provide me with memory RAM and SATA drive part number?

Could you try one memory RAM a the time for testing purposes?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Leonardo,

thank you for your answer.

Well yes, the Logitech speakers are directly connected via jack. Forgot the mention cable was swapped a couple of time.

Win 10 is stored on Transcend MTS800 M.2 SSD 128GB SATA III, MLC

Data on a SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD 480GB Sata III

RAM is 2xKingston HX421S13IBK2/8

Will testing with only one RAM at a time.

Regards,

Hermann

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis

Thank you for your response.

Please let us know the output of testing one RAM at the time at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Quadraturkreis

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Leonardo,

sorry for the delay. Removed one RAM module today and trying to reproduce the failure. Currently w/o succes. I probably need a few days as well as a few weeks ago. I'll come back asap.

Regards,

Hermann

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

To speed up the process, I risk using the main audiosystem. And yes, its easy listenable.

Next I'll swap the RAM moduls

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

This time I did not have to wait very long. Again using main audiosystem and right from the beginning, the spike is listenable.

0 Kudos