Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSmit184
Beginner

M.2 Key M NGFF to PCI-E 4X Adapter Card does not work in Hades Canyon - Does not recognize any PCIe card installed into the adapter card.

NUC8i7HNK1

EXPLOMOS M.2 Key M NGFF to PCI-E 4X Adapter Card

The M.2 adapter card works fine in any Skull Canyon I've tried.

Does anyone know why The Hades Canyon doesn't recognize PCIe cards in the m.2 slot(s)? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

JS

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

These issues are handled on a case-by-case basis. What specific PCIe card(s) are you interested in inserting into this adapter?

...S

JSmit184
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for taking a look at this.

Riser card is currently:

EXPLOMOS M.2 Key M NGFF to PCI-E 4X Adapter Card

For testing, I have tried SFP NICs, Copper NICs, USB cards. Nothing shows up in BIOS.

Unlike the Skull Canyon, that recognized each card and manufacture installed in riser card slot.

Let me know what other information would be helpful

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JSmit184,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

In this case, what you are trying to do is not supported by us since you are modifying the way the port works, if it's true it may work, there could also be compatibility issues with the adapter. 

What I can recommend you to do is to contact the manufacturer of the adapter to see if there is any work around you can try. 

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

JSmit184
Beginner

Hi David,

Thanks for the response. It was a last try to make Hades Canyon work as we spec'd it. You are correct, to my knowledge we are the only one's that have tried this on the Hades Canyon.

Skull Canyon is an still a workable option. They are just getting hard to acquire.

Thanks again, I am grateful for the response.

-JS