Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.

M.2 ssd or nvme

Tiw
New Contributor I
Hi quick question. I have a NUC 11 THN i7000 pro. What type of drive is the smaller one m.2 22x30 or m.2 22x42. Also is it a sata ssd or the nvme type thanks
0 Kudos
7 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

The M.2 slot (Item "U", Fig1, page 17, Technical Product Specification), is for SATA SSD, while the other slot (Item "L") is for NVMe Gen 4 SSD. See also Storage in Table 1 on page 14 in TPS.

The short M.2 slot may be also used for PCI1 and USB 3.2 expandability.

Leon

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee
Since Leon didn't specifically address it, the size of the M.2 SATA SSD should be 22x42. You can find drives as large as 2TB in this formfactor.
...S
Tiw
New Contributor I
Ok thanks I appreciate the info. Just sort of wondering which Linux distro other than clear Linux (installed) is good thanks again
Jean_Intel

Hello @Tiw

About the Linux Distribution, Intel has validated Canonical Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and Red Hat Enterprise Linux to be compatible with the unit. It doesn't mean that other Linux distributions will not work; because they are on the list for the compatible operating system that Intel has validated to work. Other distributions may also work.

The information is found on the following website. You may need to choose your Nuc model on the site (https://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails?prodSearch=True&searchTerm=NUC11TNH#)

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

Tiw
New Contributor I
Jean_Intel

Hello @Tiw

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Let us know if you need assistance with any other issues or questions you have.

Best regards,

Jean Ortega.

Jean_Intel

Hello @Tiw

I am glad to hear that your questions have been answered.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician