Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12303 Discussions

Medical grade intel NUC

RAP
Beginner

Hello,

We are working on medical device development and we have a requirement for a medical-grade PC that will be fitted on the cart.
Please suggest the best suitable PC with a small factor, cover below specification and share a negotiated quote.

Please check below the required PC specification.
Quad-core Intel i5 – 3470 / AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX Processor or higher
RAM - 20 GB or higher or SO-DIMM connector preferred
Harddisk: 512 GB SSD or higher
Graphic card – NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Graphics Card/similar or higher
Operating System: Window 10
USB 3.0 = min. 3 nos.
USB 2.0 = min. 3 nos.
HDMI or display port = min. 1 no.
Ethernet port = 3 nos.
Display: External or Internal
Expansion PCIE port slot
End of Life > 10 Yrs
Min. Operating condition  
   Temperature: 20C - 25C or higher
   Relative Humidity: 10% - 65%, non-condensing or higher
   Atmospheric Pressure: 80 kPa to 107 kPa
Targeted volume :
   First year – 100 units  
   Second year – 200 units
   Third year – 300 units  
Regulatory Req. : CE,FCC, IC & IEC 60601
Biometric/NFC/RFID optional

If you require more information, please let me know.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello RAP,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. 

In this case, you may want to take a look at our Panther Canyon and Beast Canyon families to try to find one NUC that fulfills your requirements it is important for you to know that the maximum amount of LAN ports available on our NUCs is 2. , you can check their specs in the following links:

Beast Canyon: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/codename/202843/products-formerly-beast-canyon....

Panther Canyon:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/codename/198283/products-formerly-panther-canyo...

You may also find useful our articles "Product Code Naming Convention for Intel® NUC" where you can find the meaning of the different names of our NUCs, you can check it on the following link:

Up to Gen 10: 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031273/intel-nuc.html

Gen 11+:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000060119/intel-nuc.html

In case you need information on stock availability and pricing, you need to contact one of our authorized distributors to get assistance with the purchasing process, you may find our article "How Do I Contact an Intel® Authorized Distributor, Supplier, or Reseller?" useful for this matter:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000015067/programs.html

Regards,

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Sadly, no NUCs can meet the requirements; there is simply no support for 'End of Life > 10 Yrs'.

...S

RAP
Beginner

Hi Josue & Scott,

Thanks for the reply.

I have the below queries after checking the specification.

1. What is the other difference between Intel Mini PC vs performance kit except internal storage & memory?

2. I have checked the spec. of NUC11PAQi70QA & Max. RAM support up to 16GB. Can you please share which model having RAM at least 20GB RAM or higher?

3. How can I connect M.2 slot with PCIe X4 lanes expansion I/O connector with RTX 3070 graphics card?

4. I have checked the spec. of NUC11PAQi70QA & Max. LAN port 1nos. Can you please share which model has more no. of LAN?

5. What is the max. EOL year for intel NUC mini PC or kit?

6. I don't find any regulatory certification details CE, FCC, IC & IEC 60601 for Intel NUC. Please share with us.

7. If you have direct contact details of Intel® Authorized Distributor, Supplier, or Reseller. Please share with us.

Regards,

Ritul

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I can provide preliminary answers for most of these questions:

1. Kit products require the addition of memory, storage and O/S while PC products include these items. There are also third parties (like SimplyNUC) that take kits and create custom PC configurations for sale.
  2. Not sure what you are reading (perhaps info from a PC product?). TPS says baseboard supports 2x32GB (total 64GB) SODIMM configurations.
  3. This isn't a support capability. It might work but likely not. 2280+ M.2 slots are dedicated to storage (and, in some configurations, 2240 M.2 slot for WLAN card). External graphics solutions are typically connected via Thunderbolt.
  4. Some NUC Compute Elements have dual LAN solutions, but, in general, secondary LAN ports are added via Thunderbolt or USB. Some NUC Pro series boards/kits/PCs can be expanded to have two LAN ports using kits from GORITE.
  5. Three-year limited warranty. Three-year product lifecycle.
  6. This is available upon request through Intel Customer Support. In general, if you go to the Intel site and search for 'nuc regulatory', you will get a list of links for regulatory documents by NUC model and model family.
  7. See these resources: Intel NUC Ecosystem Partner Solutions and Intel Authorized Distributors and Approved Suppliers.

Hope this helps,

...S

JosueO_Intel

Hello RAP,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Josue O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician