cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcast181
Beginner

MeshCommander 0.6.3 remote desktop nuc with w7 professional x64bits

Hi ...

I have installed Mesh commander 0.6.3 it on a computer with windows 7 since a mini pcs calling system with intel v10 has been implemented in my workplace.

Currently, I have added more than 60 mini-pcs.

They are brand plexus with intel v10 ...

But 9 of them have been installed with professsional windows7 and when I try to access them with remote desktop it gives me timeout ...

However, about 58 computers with the same hardware but with the fedora linux distribution, I can access by remote control without problems and restart them and interact with the desktop ...

I would have to configure some parameter in the mesh commander or in the minipcs with w7 professional to be able to access by remote control and interact in the desktop as with the linux (fedora)? ....

A thousand thanks...
0 Kudos
15 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello kiketoboso,

Thank you for contacting us.

In this case please go ahead and stick to the previous thread that you created regarding issue that you are experiencing

/thread/125861 https://communities.intel.com/thread/125861

By unifying your cases, the support will be faster so we can look for a suitable solution to your issue, our staff will monitor your thread.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

Diego S.

jcast181
Beginner

Okay, I put the thread back because the one you mention is on servers and

I wanted it to be followed in intel nuc ...

A greeting.
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What NUC(s) are be talking about?

AlHill
Super User

From the looks of his tags, I would guess he is trying to use Windows 7 on 7th and 8th gen processors.

Doc

n_scott_pearson

Actually, if I understand the MeshCommander product properly, it is worse than that. He is trying to use a product that communicates with the platform via AMT and most of these platforms do not support AMT. Only platforms based upon the D53427RKE, NUC5i5MYBE, NUC7i5DNBE and NUC7i7DNBE boards have support for AMT.

...S

jcast181
Beginner

NUC5I5MYBE

The problem I have when trying to access the 9 nucs that have w7 professional installed.

With the 51 nuc exactly the same as they have installed fedora I have no problem accessing the desktop with the tab (remote desktop).

It is in the 9 that have installed w7 professional in which I get an error

tiemout.

From what I understood meshcommander works below operating system

and it does not matter if it's a computer with windows installed or linux ...

This is so???
n_scott_pearson

MeshCommander is talking to the platform via the Management Engine (and the AMT firmware). This provides a capability for accessing the preboot environment (i.e. BIOS Setup) as well. Whether MeshCommander is able to communicate with the runtime environment is dependent upon the LMS client being available. Have you tried using Windows 10 to see if this is a generational issue?

...S

jcast181
Beginner

I can not test it in windows 10, since I can not install it in my workplace.

Could you give me a link to download lms for windows 7 64 bits, install it on the nucs with w7 and try ??? @N.scott Pearson Thanks

n_scott_pearson

Have you installed the Intel Management Engine Interface software (and driver) package? I thought one was included in that package...

jolmo
Beginner

No.

where can I download it for w7 ???

n_scott_pearson

Here is latest for your NUC: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26136/NUCs-Intel-Management-Engine-Driver-5M-for-Windows-7... Download Intel® Management Engine Driver (5M) for Windows 7*, 8.1* and 10 for Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i5MYHE

...S

jcast181
Beginner

thanks, I try to install and count results

jcast181
Beginner

After install https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26136/NUCs-Intel-Management-Engine-Driver-5M-for-Windows-7... Download Intel® Management Engine Driver (5M) for Windows 7*, 8.1* and 10 for Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i5MYHE

continue mesage timeout in nucs with w7 professional 32 bits

Mitchell_R_Intel
Employee

I noticed that the MeshCommander site mentions Javascript. Do you have the latest version of Java installed? Also, are you using Windows 7 x64 or 32?

jcast181
Beginner

The equipment in which I have installed mesh commander is a windows 7 professional 64 bits, the nuc that I connect is w7 professional 32 bits ...

I do not have the latest version of java, since I need to have the 6.18 mandatory for other applications to work for me, but if it were the java version it would also give me timeout in the fedora linux too?

I will try to install meshcomander on a laptop with w7 and the latest version of java

but I understand that I would also fail in the linux too ...

Thanks for all the help...