cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SFern5
Beginner

Mini PCI Express for CameraLink framegrabber

Hello!

I would like to use a Mini PCI Express (mini card) CameraLink framegrabber (EPIX PIXCI EB1mini). Which NUC boards do have a Mini PCI Express that can hold this framegrabber?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This card utilizes the (now considered ancient) first-generation (i.e. M.1) PCIe MiniCard interface. You would have to go all the way back to the 4th gen NUCs (i.e. D54250WYKH) to find this connector. All subsequent NUC generations (5-8) utilize PCIe M.2 interfaces. You may be able to find a M.2 to M.1 adapter that would allow this card to be connected, but I have no idea whether the BIOS will support its usage.

Sorry,

...S

SFern5
Beginner

Thanks Scott!!

Could you please provide us some help in finding such M.2 to M.1 adapter? We currently have a NUC7i7BNH and we need to check if there is enough room for such adapter.

We found the following one: https://es.tvc-mall.com/details/50mm-mini-pci-e-52pin-msata-ssd-to-m-2-ngff-b-key-adapter-sa-210-sku... 50mm mini pci-e 52pin msata SSD a M.2 NGFF adaptador de la b-llave (SA-210)-TVC-Mall.com but we are not sure if the socket in the NUC is B, M or B+M key...

Also, could you recommend any online store that may have 4th gen NUC availability?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,

n_scott_pearson

The NUCs support M Keying. I cannot honestly say whether this adapter will work, but it is certainly worth a try.

I found offers on Amazon for the 4th gen Core i5 NUCs (D54250WYK and D54250WYKH) and 4th gen Core i3 NUCs (D34010WYK and D34010WYKH). Here is links: https://www.amazon.com/Intel-BOXD54250WYKH1-Core-i5-4250U-Graphics/dp/B00HZDLNWO Amazon.com: Intel NUC BOXD54250WYKH1 4th Gen Core i5-4250U with HD Graphics 5000. I also saw offers for used units through eBay.

Hope this helps,

...S

n_scott_pearson

I have to add, though, why not look at getting a USB-based unit. These can then plug into any NUC generation...