Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12514 Discussions

Missing PCI and SM Bus drivers

Samspike
Beginner

Samspike_0-1671418463334.pngSamspike_1-1671418495109.pngSamspike_2-1671418578204.png

Hello,

I've also ran StetupChipset.exe /overall, as recommended in some of the other users' questions responses. It managed to get 2 missing drivers fixed but there are still 4 left to find.

What should I do? I have "System Interrupts" and "ntoskrnl.exe" running wild. I'm guessing that's because of this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

That is correct, the Intel® Chipset Device Software should be the first driver installed and once the NUC is rebooted, all other drivers should be installed as well.  For example, did you installed the Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver

Leon

Samspike
Beginner

I haven't. I ran the Support Assistant, that's it. I couldn't find a proper page to go get the drivers manually for the life of me. Intel's site is a maze. I finally got to the download page by googling my computer model. I got here:

https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/fr/products/sku/126147/intel-nuc-kit-nuc8i5bek/downloads.html

For some reason, I kept stumbling on download pages with nothing at all on them yesterday. That was odd.

Thanks!

LeonWaksman
Super User

Yes, indeed there are two Download Sites - the one I've linked in my post and the other one you found.  Any way, install the Chipset Software and then the Audio Driver and the other drivers. 

You may use the Intel Support page for NUC8i5BEK as a staring point for future search.

Leon

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

It is important to understand that the Intel Driver and Support Assistant (IDSA) is a maintenance tool only. You should install *all* drivers manually at the beginning and only rely on IDSA afterwards to keep (most of) them up to date. Note also the following articles (especially the third): 

...S