Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nava
Beginner

Missing discussion: ”Performance problem with Samsung 970 EVO on NUC7i7DNKE“

Can you please bring back discussion that is missing or is deleted? Discussion name was: ”Performance problem with Samsung 970 EVO on NUC7i7DNKE“ and could be find on the following link: https://communities.intel.com/thread/145445

When we try to open the page, we got this message: “Unfortunately, there was a problem. Please try again. If the problem continues, get in touch with your administrator with the error ID shown here and any other related details. Error ID: 2069235305-3359 (258683209)”

Can you please bring the dicussion back, as we are still waiting for our problem to be solved.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Nava
Beginner

Hi LWAKSMAN,

this was the old thread that was dealing with the same issue, but was fixed ONLY in BIOS Version 0052, and ONLY if you install BIOS using the jumper recovery method.

RELEASE NOTES FOR BIOS Version 0052 - DNKBLi7v.86A.0052.2018.0808.1344

About This Release:

• Date: August 8, 2018

• ME Firmware: 11.8.50.3425

• EC Firmware: 0D.10.00

• Memory Reference Code: Based on 3.2.0

• MEBx Revision: 11.0.0.0010

• Integrated Graphics

o Option ROM: 9.0.1051

o UEFI Driver: 9.0.1066

• SATA RAID Option ROM: 15.7.0.3054

• AHCI Code: Based on AHCI_14

• LAN Option ROM: PXE 2.1 Build 092

• Visual BIOS: 2.2.25

New Fixes/Features:

• Fixed the issue that would cause the system not to power on.

• Fixed the issue where M.2 PCIe SSDs would run at Generation 2 speeds.+

• Removed Intel Ready Mode.

• Fixed the issue that would cause the system to automatically wake from S3

when a device was connected to the 3.5mm jack.

• Fixed the issue that would cause the wireless and Bluetooth options to

disappear after they were enabled.

• Fixed the issue where “Wake on USB from S5” wouldn’t work (“USB S4/S5 Power

must be turned on to see this option).

--

+ To fix the M.2 issue, the BIOS must be installed using the jumper recovery

method.

--

As you can see, release notes clearly state that in order to fix the speed issue with M.2 slot, BIOS must be installed using the jumper recovery method.

And this is where our problems begins:

1. None of the later BIOS updates fixes M.2 speed issue, even if we use jumper recovery method
  2. None of the later BIOS updates said that we need to install BIOS via jumper recovery method
  3. None of the later BIOS update states we need to follow upgrade path (for example: 0039 > 0052 (via jumper) > 0055 > 0058)
  4. Due to the Intel® ME firmware update in BIOS version 0053, we can’t downgrade to version 0052 or earlier.

Because this was addressed as a new problem, we were advised to open a new thread/discussion.

Nava
Beginner

Intel, any update / clue where is our discussion?

How can we expect from you to solve our main problem (to fix the issue where M.2 PCIe SSDs are running at half of the advertised speeds), when you are unable to solve simple problem as bring back deleted discussion?

What options do we have now? To open a new discussion and start from scratch after 2 months of waiting for our problem to be solved in a discussion that was deleted? Don't think so. We will probably RMA our 17 NUC's.

Thank you Intel!

SChau10
New Contributor II

Please read through a thread I started recently to submit essentially the same NVMe SSD throughput issue to Intel for Dawson Canyon:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P000049uTmHSAU/nuc7i5dnhe-bios-disabling-pcie-m2-ssd-slot-al...

My original NUC7i5DNHE supported Samsung NVMe M.2 SSDs at PCIe Gen3 (8GT/s) x4 speed, but a replacement unit I received from Intel ran all my NVMe SSDs at PCIe Gen2 (5GT/s) x4 speed, so sequential read speed never exceeded ~1800MB/s, whereas the speeds were above 3000MB/s with the unit I returned to Intel.

Intel has apparently started an investigation on this issue, so stay tuned.

sfatula
Beginner

I couldn't find the thread either as it changed the user (mine, the OP) from sfatula to idata. I have re-opened the case.

Diego_S_Intel
Employee

Hello Nava, Thank you for your patience and for posting in our Intel(r) communities. In this case, it seems that the thread that you mentioned "Performance problem with Samsung 970 EVO on NUC7i7DNKE" is available back again at: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490Z2CSAU/performance-problem-with-samsung-970-evo-on-n... Please let us know if you can post there or if you want to start again from the scratch through this forum. I hope to hear from you soon. Regards, Diego Sanchez Campos. Intel (R)Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
Nava
Beginner

Hello Diego,

the thread is not back. When I click on the link I get the error: "Unfortunately, there was a problem. Please try again. If the problem continues, get in touch with your administrator with the error ID shown here and any other related details. Error ID: 599971506-24044 (1532450222)"

Diego_S_Intel
Employee

Hello Nava, Thank you for your patience. We are working to grant you access to the thread as soon as possible. We will let you know once that the access is working again. I truly appreciate your patience. I hope to this helps. Regards, Diego Sanchez Campos. Intel (R)Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
Diego_S_Intel
Employee

Hello Nava,

Thank you for your patience.

I regret to inform you that we we were not able to migrate the original forum, however I have attached a copy of the original posts to this thread.

I truly appreciate your patience, please take a look at it and let me know if something is missing.

I hope to this helps.

Regards,

Diego Sanchez Campos.

Intel (R)Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation

Diego_S_Intel
Employee

Hello Nava, We just wanted to double check if you saw the copy that we attached? Please don’t hesitate on contacting us back. I hope to hear from you soon. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation
Nava
Beginner

Hello Diego,

thank you for your effort.

The main point of this forum/discussion is community involvement and Intel awareness of existing problems that need's to be solved. We think that word document is not going to be useful, at least not in this format.

Nava

Diego_S_Intel
Employee

Hello Nava, We apologize, but we are unable to retrieve the previous thread. We recommend continuing on this thread or to contact Intel directly via phone or chat: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html?_ga=2.29299125.829082471.155007... I hope this helps. Diego S. Intel (R) Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel (R) Corporation