Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12544 Discussions

Multiple displays problem on NUC10i7FNH

tomkane649
Beginner

I have a NUC10i7FNH that has worked with multiple displays before. Both were older VGA monitors, both with VGA-HDMI adapters; one of these plugged directly into the HDMI port and the other had an HDMI-USB-c adapter and was plugged into the Display port on the front of the case. After taking the whole computer system apart to move to a new residence I found that the monitor on the Display port was no longer working. I don't think there were any changes to settings and both monitors work equally well connected to the HDMI port. The USB-c port on the front of the NUC box also works as it powers a hub with readable USB ports.

I have checked prior posts and none have helped so far as I have seen.

I will appreciate any suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello tomkane649,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Do you recall any software change before the issue started, Windows update?
  • What Troubleshooting steps have you tried?
  • You mentioned that the monitor is VGA, so you use a VGA-HDMI and an HDMI-USB-C adapter. Does it mean you are using two different adapters to connect the unit and one of the monitors?
  • Also, you stated that the USB-c port on the front of the NUC works as it powers a hub with readable USB ports. To discard that the issue is only related to one of the adapters, could you try using another HDMI-USB-C adapter? However, you must know that it is recommended to use a straight connection, HDMI to HDMI, USB-C to USB-C.
  • Create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU)  

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

Jean_Intel

Hello tomkane649,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

tomkane649
Beginner

I am sorry for the delay. I have attached the system scan you requested.

I realize that jumping through several cable connector conversions is dicey, but what I had done worked earlier and I had made no changes in software. I'm just been trying to avoid buying a new monitor with USB-c connection. But I will if necessary.

Thanks for your help.

Tom Kane

Jean_Intel

Hello tomkane649,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.