Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

My Intel Driver support assistant always displays "Sorry, something went wrong when trying to scan"

I am using a laptop: Inspiron 3542

my OS name is windows 10 enterprise version 10.0.17234

S/N:5JHP312

I've cleared browser cache

I do not have a firewall

It works on my working laptop but on this one it just pops up the warning above, it is a bit older and slower than my working laptop.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

My first suggestion is to upgrade your windows to 1909. You are on that troublesome 1809 version.

You can upgrade from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

​I've been getting this error now for a few weeks and the same happens with any version of windows.

Build 18363.815, Build 19041.208 or Build 19624.1000.

After a few experiments I found out that this error goes away if I uninstall Intel RST 14.8.16.1063 which is the latest available for the DELL XPS. 8700.

If I try installing any newer version of RST it says platform not supported.

Keep in mind that the same RST driver 14.8.16.1063 has been installed for over 2 years and DSA never complained before with any windows version,

DSA stated that RST was up to date before this scan error started to happen a few weeks ago in 2020.

I also did a clean install of windows and downloaded the most recent version of DSA, but the problem persisted.

Something has changed in the DSA scan that causes this red error message to occurr.

Intel needs to fix it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello AElsa6

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Should you have additional inquiries please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

@AndrewG_Intel,

I just Installed a newer version of Intel DSA that was available today, 20.5.20.3, but still fails the same way.

Mine is a Dell XPS 8700 with Intel RST 14.8.16.1063 which is the latest available for this machine.

If I remove Intel RST the scan goes through.

DSA-Bug.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I've been experiencing the same problem for the last few weeks. I've unibstalled and re-installed DSA numberous times. the lasted version being 5.14.2020

iteration of DSA. My cache is cleared, My OS is Win 10 Pro v 1909 with all current updates applied.

I've used Browsers: Firefox, Chrome< Edge and Opera, all latest versions to no avail.

Still experiencing this problem as of 5.15.2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello all,

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

We have released a new version of Intel® DSA, and we would like to recommend the following steps:

1. Click “Refresh Results” on the menu on the left-hand side of the Intel® DSA scan page. With the latest Intel® DSA code this acts as complete “start over” for the service.
  2. Reboot the system. It’s possible that “Refresh page” isn’t enough of a “start over” so it really starts over.
  3. Try uninstalling and reinstalling (the normal way through Windows® Add/Remove programs). You can download the latest version for Intel® DSA from this link: Version: 20.5.20.3
  4. If the previous step does not solve the problem, please try the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller and reinstall the latest version again.

You may also check the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant FAQ.

If the issue persists, please contact us directly through chat, phone, email, web ticket, etc. to create an internal support case and please provide the following information in the new support case in order to isolate your specific issue and environment details:

1- Detailed information about your issue and behavior.

(You may reference this thread).

2- Screenshots of the issue/error messages when scanning with Intel® DSA.

3- All the Intel® DSA files zipped from "C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA" (not just .log files but all the files in the folder).

NOTE: the ProgramData folder may be hidden by default so you may need to un-hide it to view the Intel® DSA log files. Instructions to un-hide are: > File Explorer > View > Show/Hide: check the box for "Hidden Items".

4- "DSAUninstaller.log" file. You can find the location of the log file in File Explorer by searching for it by DSAUninstaller.log and please be sure to provide the most recently dated log).

5- Web browsers and the exact versions:

6- Details about browser plug-ins (ad blocking or script blocking):

7- If you are a home user, what router are you using (brand and model)? Or are you in a company environment?

8- Security or anti-virus software installed?

9- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to the new case.

9.1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

9.2- Open the application and please make sure to select 'Everything' checkbox and then click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

9.3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Intel® Contact us link (please select your country or region at the right top section on the webpage): https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Other contact information options:

Support Contact Information for EMEA

Support Contact Information for LAR

Support Contact Information for APAC

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Andrew G,

I already went trough all the step you suggested and I also have the latest DSA 20.5.20.3 installed.

Anyway I'm attaching all the files you requested.

Let me know if you need anything else. As I said previously if I uninstall the Intel RST (14.8.16.1063) then the scan runs.

Keep in mind that this RST never caused any issue with older DSA versions before March 2020.

There are no third party antivirus, and no plug in in any of the browsers, I tried all available Browsers IE 11, MS Edge Legacy, MS Edhe, MS Edge Canary, Google Chrome and Firefox all with the same results.

ScanError.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Andrew - I'm including the info you are requiring to open up an incident report.

I'm using Firefox v 76.0.1 web browser, Kasperskey Total Security 2020 as my security software and as a home user I have an Actiontec M1424WR Rev. 1 Router.

I'm also enclosing numerous files and/or zips from my system as requested. I will be upload files one at a time as I don't know how to add more than 1 file at a time. Total of 5, Sorry

Thanks for you attention to this issue Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

3 C:\ProgramData\DSA zipped minus one file (in use) which will follow

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

4 Log file fro C:\ProgramData\DSA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

5 DSAuninstaller log file

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Andrew - If you need anything else please let me know. -Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello TMill40

Thank you for your response.

We just noticed that you currently have your own thread regarding issues with Intel® DSA. In this case, we kindly recommend you provide all this information including all the zip files, reports, screenshots, etc. to your own thread where our peer Albert is assisting you. This is in order to keep proper handling and tracking of your issue and environment:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004fZMfw

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello FC

Thank you for your response.

Since the issue persists and also since you mentioned the issue is somehow related to Intel® RST driver which may be a different issue/root cause than the one originally posted in this thread, we kindly recommend to contact us directly through phone, chat, web ticket, etc. to create a new support ticket, mention this thread as a reference and please provide all this information including all the zip files, reports, screenshots, etc. to your new support ticket. This is in order to keep proper handling and tracking of your issue and environment and to check further your specific issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

AndrewG, I already had another case submitted specifically for this issue with Intel RST 14.8.16.1063. The problem started with 20.4.17.5 and it is still failing the same way with 20.5.20.3. See the link below. Keep in mind that this RST was never an issue with earlier versions of DSA, the bug started recently in 2020. https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006iZtK/intel-dsa-204175-fails-sorry-something-went-wron...
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello AElsa6

We have not heard back from you so we will be proceeding to close this thread soon.

Also, since we noticed that community peers TMill40 and FC have their own threads, we kindly recommend you to continue working through your own thread in order to provide better assistance and tracking for each specific environment.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello AElsa6

We just one to thank you for reporting this issue and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Also, our developer team is now aware of this issue and they are working in the fix that will be released any time next week, however, dates may change. If you still need assistance please kindly wait for the new release and if the issue persists please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello AElsa6

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. If the issue persists, we have a new release of Intel® DSA, version 20.6.22.6 that you may try. If you have additional inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos