I have a NUC7i3BNH that won't power on. There is a LED inside shining near SATA power connector but otherwise, nothing turn on.
I already tryed an other power adapter, but no succes. Hard drive and RAM seem to be fine...
Can someone help me?
- What event was prior this failure?
- If you pressing Power Button and holding it for about 3 seconds (but lest then 4 seconds: count 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004 and release the Power Button), is NUC booting into Power Button Menu?
- Please try to Power ON your NUC with one SODIMM at time (remove the other one).
thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it didnt help.
to1.: There was no prior event. The NUC was used on last saturday and didn't work the next thursday when we wanted to use it. The latest windows update was just installed.
to 2.: The monitor is black all the time.
to 3.: Nothing happened again. I also tryed to get into Power Button Menu without success.
Any other ideas?
Next thing to try is a full CMOS clear. In your model, I believe that you need to lift out the board (which is held down by two small screws) and then unplug the CR2032 battery from the board for 15 minutes.
Hope this helps,
That COMS clear semms to be a bit tough.
Can this really help? The powerbutton doesn't glow blue when i press it. Can the clear change that?
I thought, maybe it was the Win10-update. If that clear is so promising i can ask a friend to help me.
Thank you guys for your help :-)
- I can't assure you that disconnecting the CMOS battery will fix this problem. Since your NUC is not booting and you can't enter Power Button Menu, that is what would try to do.
- In case that you are affray to remove the board (I agree that you may do some damage doing this), you may issue an request for RMA to replace your NUC, since it is covered by three years of warranty: https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo?lang=en-US