Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDurl
Beginner

My customer is narrowing in on the Provo Canyon and I've got some questions that I'm hoping you can answer.

questions ;

· Are there connectors we can use to pull 12V / 3A from the board to scavenge some power?

· Can the board be purchased with the stamped metal shield but without the external case?

· Do you have fan specs, specifically for RPM and CFM airflow? 

· Does the board have CE / UL certification?

· Is there any CE and FCC EMI testing documentation?

· Do you a sample of the Provo Canyon you can send?

· Do you have a step file for Provo?

· Is there an option to purchase the board without the case?

· Is there is thin / slim version available?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Answering what I can,

1. If you are not using a SATA HDD/SSD/SSHD, you can scavenge power via the SATA Power connector, but this is 5V/4A + 3.3V/1A, not 12V/3A. There is another 5V/1A + 5Vsby/2A + 3.3Vsby/1A on Front Panel Header. If you operate the board using a 12V supply, you could scavenge power at the power input connector (either internal or external). This would require a larger power supply, however; which sort of defeats the purpose.
  2. Board-level versions of product documented here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/nuc/boards.html. I am unsure what you means by "stamped metal shield".
  3. I don't see such information in TPS.. Design team may be able to supply.
  4. Yes.
  5. I don't see such information. Design team may be able to supply.
  6. Samples? You need to talk to Marketing team.
  7. I don't see such information. Design team may be able to supply.
  8. Yes; see #2 above.
  9. Yes, kit versions of product documented here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/nuc/kits.html

I will forward to design and marketing teams and see if they will talk to you. Send me contact information via direct message (do not post here).

...S

GDurl
Beginner

Hi Scott ;

Thanks for your help .

Customer has several other questions

1. is the form factor of NUC8V5PN Provo canyon and NUC7i5DNBE Dawson the same .
  2. They are concerned about height mostly

Thanks !

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Hhmmm, they don't appear to list this information in their briefs. The boards are the same UCFF 4"x4" (LxW) formfactor, but the heights may be slightly different. The PN boards may stand ever-so-slightly taller due to the use of a vapour chamber instead of a simple heatsink. How much taller I can't tell - perhaps a mm or two?

Note also that the positioning of the front and rear connectors is different between these boards.

...S