Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NU8i7BEH - Black screens with an egpu (zotax amp box mini)

Hello,

Here is my configuration :

nuc8i7beh - 16gb ddr4 - intel SSD 120gb 600series

zotax amp box mini with gtx750ti

I experienced Back screen crashes with diffrent recoreds in evt viewer :

(I think it's a blue screen i can't see because i don't have a display plugged on the igpu; only two monitors on the egpu)

Le chargement du pilote \Driver\WudfRd a échoué pour le périphérique PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15D9&SUBSYS_20748086&REV_02\CB94989124B7D00000.

(id of the 15d9 thunderbolt peripheral)

Le chargement du pilote \Driver\WudfRd a échoué pour le périphérique {DD8E82AE-334B-49A2-AEAE-AEB0FD5C40DD}\DetectionVerification\5&2848cbc0&0&0.

(detection verification peripheral)

• and

nvlddmkm problem with system continue fonctionning and display restored when unpplugged and repluged tb3 to egpu enclodure(happen just once time).

This happen mostly when i play, but also when working (IT engineer, home office, with remote desktop and a VoIP chrome extension)

I've got this also in event viewer when it crashed while i was working in RDP session(mstsc.exe):

Nom de l’application défaillante mstsc.exe, version : 10.0.18362.752, horodatage : 0x64062c86

• Nom du module défaillant : nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll, version : 26.21.14.4587, horodatage : 0x5e879b9e
  • Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
  • Décalage d’erreur : 0x00000000001d0021
  • ID du processus défaillant : 0x1a54
  • Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d63329b3922f30
  • Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Windows\system32\mstsc.exe
  • Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_95bdb3a23d6478de\nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll
  • ID de rapport : 45260fdc-636c-4912-8bfc-26b02284cb9c
  • Nom complet du package défaillant :
  • ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

It's a fresh 1909 install, latest intel and nvidia drivers

I tried disabling iris igpu with no effect

Today i tried rename the wudfrd.sys (adding.old) file in c:\windows\system32\drivers as explained in this thread of a mac/bootcamp user who experienced crashes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bootcamp/comments/cesawt/how_to_get_windows_10_1903_working_properly_in/

• After renamin wudfrd.sys, no changes, worst indeed because "device detection" and "thunderbolt(TM) controlller - 15d9" in device manager had triangle with "!" symbol.
  • So i give its original name back.

I also update my 0078 BIOS to 0081, and it changed nothing, nuc keep on crashing.

I 've got a minidump in %systemroot%\minidump\ which I attach if it helps

Thanks,

DesertStriker

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: NU8i7BEH - Black screens with an egpu (zotax amp box mini)

DStri9, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Could you please provide a detailed description of how are you connecting, the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7BEH, the Zotax Amp Box Mini and the GTX: 750ti? Please specify the video ports or connectors you are using to attach the devices together.

What is the model of the TV/monitor being used?

The latest Intel® Graphics driver version for the Intel® NUC is 26.20.100.8141, please try a clean installation of that driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29230/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers-for-Intel-NUC?...

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics.html

Just to let you know, I looked at the tested peripherals validated by for the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7BEH, and neither the Zotax Amp Box Mini nor the GTX 750ti were listed, that does not mean they are not compatible, but they have not been tested by Intel®, however, there might be compatibility issues in reference to those devices:

https://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails?activeModule=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC#

Just for testing purposes, if you connect the Intel® NUC directly to the TV/Monitor, without using the Zotax Amp Box Mini or the GTX 750ti, is the problem the same?

As an option, you can always get in contact with Microsoft directly to gather the information on how to update Windows* 10 to the version 2004:

https://support.microsoft.com/

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re:NU8i7BEH - Black screens with an egpu (zotax am...

Hello DStri9, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re:NU8i7BEH - Black screens with an egpu (zotax am...

Hello DStri9, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos