cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC 10I7FNK - 10I5FNK questions.

Hi

I am planning to build either an NUC 10i7FNK or a 10i5FNK PC.

I am planning to use a Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB M2 NVME storage drive

Questions:

Can I use Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 Sodimm - 260 pins - 16GB RAM ?

As I mostly will use the PC for photo browsing / editing (simple) and no video editing, web browsing and simple office application usage, which of the two should I buy (i7 or i5) ?

Feedback - guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks 😊

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Yes, Corsair is fine (though my preference is Crucial). Stick with DDR4 SODIMMs that are running at 2666MHz (faster might work but not guaranteed or warranted).

You haven't said anything that would make me think that the Core i5 is not perfectly adequate. I personally have been spoiled and prefer the Core i7 regardless 😜

Purchasing the NUC10i#FNH, instead of the NUC10i#FNK, provides you with a taller chassis that includes a SATA drive bay. You can add a large HDD or SSD for your infrequent content storage needs (pictures, music, etc.). Bizarrely enough, some storefronts actually have the FNH at a lower price than the FNK.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Wow, it is true:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare?CompareItemList=9SIAE4NBA55459%2C9SIAJA2B3T2646

That NUC10i7FNH with 8GB looks good compared to NUC10i7FNK with 4GB

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Yea, Amazon has FNH kit for US$599 and FNK kit for US$600; pretty much a wash. For same price, I will always take the FNH.

...S

0 Kudos