Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12545 Discussions

NUC 10i7FNH does not shut off, keeps restarting

james_murphy3
Beginner

My NUC 10i7FNH does not shut off or hibernate. It keeps restarting. It goes into sleep mode just fine. 

BIOS version is 0055 (up to date). All the drivers seem to be functioning properly. If I press the power button for 10 seconds or so, it shuts down and it stays off. 

As of now, I use Win 11. But I thought the issue could be the operating system, so I did a clean install. Win 10, same problem. I installed Linux mint to see if the issue was Windows. Same problem. Now I am using Win 11, problem persists. 

I tried some commonly suggested issues. Advanced > Power > Secondary Power Settings > After Power Failure the value is Off. Fast booting is off. I changed the behaviour of power button to "shut off". I unplugged everything (the only thing that was connected was the power adapter) then pressed the button. Same issue. It mimics the behaviour of shutting down, stays off for 1-2 seconds then turns on. 

It drives me crazy. Anybody with any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Reset BIOS to default settings.  F9 (y), F10 (y).

2. If the above will not help, update BIOS, using BIOS Recovery with the Secure Jumper Removed method.

Leon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Reset BIOS to default settings.  F9 (y), F10 (y).

2. If the above will not help, update BIOS, using BIOS Recovery with the Secure Jumper Removed method.

Leon

james_murphy3
Beginner

Hi Leon,

If I could give you a hug, I would. 

Your second solution worked for me. My PC shuts down, hibernates, restarts and functions properly. 

Thank you so much!

James