Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12525 Discussions

NUC 11 PAHi5 crashes after sleep/display off

exile
Novice

I have a NUC11PAHi5 that I purchased and configured two weeks ago. I installed the latest graphics driver 30.0.101.1191 and BIOS 042.

If I left the unit idle for longer than the screen timeout (set to 10 minutes), so that the display switched off, then the unit would not respond to keyboard and mouse. I also could not be accessed using the remote desktop.

After power cycling the unit the windows event log was read:
There was an entry stating "The previous system shutdown was unexpected".
The date and time given was earlier than the time I power cycled, but several minutes after the event log reporting that "The system is entering connected standby, Reason: Idle Timeout." This indicates that the system completely crashed some time after entering connected standby (and turned off the screen).

After reading many threads on the forum I downgraded the graphics driver to 27.20.100.9466. The system has successfully come out of sleep / screen for the 8 days since I downgraded to 27.20.100.9466.

A detailed report from Intel SSU is attached. Note that the report was generated after the system was downgraded to graphics driver version 27.20.100.9466

The logical conclusion is that there is a regression in driver version 30.x.

I was asked to raise the report by an Intel moderator in thread: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-NUCs/NUC-11-PAHi7-wont-wake-after-sleep-display-off-install-lat...

0 Kudos
0 Replies