cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC 6i6SYK Screen turns black - HDMI 4K, miniDP - No picture

Just bought the PC above, problems so far:

Installed latest bios and drivers, fully updated windows 10.

No Network card found when installing drivers, got it working eventually with old driver found over WiFi. Ethernet now working. Saw others had this problem too.

Tried getting 4K 60 Hz signal over the miniDP output, but no picture or signal, just black. Did not dare to set Bios at just DP, what if there is no Picture at all at boot?

With HDMI 4K 29/30Hz, the screen turns black for a second, but comes back, sometimes more seldom, other times all the time. Read the long thread about this problem with the NUC 7 series. Is the 4664 (or was it 6446?) version of the graphics driver recommended there working with the NUC 6 series?

How common is this black screen problem?, all devices or just a few? Both 6 and 7 series?

I tried lowering the resolution, but the screen flickering did not stop. Setting desktop zoom to zero got stable screen for a long time, but occational blackout still occurs.

Could it be related to the desktop zoom feature in windows? Power/heat/cable/drivers? The cabels work with othes PCs.

Sorry for the crappy English, not my first or second language.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi ljo002,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, let me help you on this matter.

I understand the screen turns black when using HMDM to MiniDP cable.

I would like to know more on your system configuration. Please run the following tool and attach the results.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Please go ahead and paste the link in a separate window. I apologize for the inconvenience.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Allan J
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi ljo002,

Were you able to get the system report?

This will be important to check your current hardware configuration.

Thanks

Allan J
0 Kudos