Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
薛飞
Beginner

NUC 7i3DNHE Questions about connect eDP a Flat panel display through edp interface

I have a intel miniPC NUC7i3DNHE, and I want to connect a LG Flat panel display through edp interface(LP156WF6-SPA1,which Is in the official recommendation list, http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails?EPMID=122498 http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails?EPMID=122498 ) .

Question 1: I connect them with the following line order:

NUC eDP line order LG LP156WF6-SPA1 line order

connectjion line order

but with this order, the flat panel display is no response when i power on the NUC.

Then I find the eDP_pin32(BL_ENABLE) and eDP_pin33(BL_PWM_DIM) are in the low level(0V), so I connect LCD_pin22/23 with eDP_pin25/26(high level 3.3V), and power on the NUC again. At this time, backlight of the flat panel display is work, but the display is still no signal.

so I hope someone tells me where the problem is?

Question 2: why my NUC bios items are less than the NUC TPS?

Because I cann't let the flat panel display work properly, I think maybe something wrong with the bios setting. But only 2 items about flat panel display in the bios-->Devices-->Video.(right part of the pic)

<span c...

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello nemoxf,

Thank you for posting.

Are you aware of the specification change for this Intel® NUC? See below:

Page iii: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/NUC7i3DN_TechProdSpec.pd... https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/NUC7i3DN_TechProdSpec.pd...

Can you please help us to confirm some information regarding your system? This will help us to answer all your questions:

To attach a file, the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

薛飞
Beginner

Hi Amy C

Thanks for your reminder.

I also noticed the clarification 1, and i Actually measured these pins by an AVO meter,and found that the real line order (green) is just the opposite

薛飞
Beginner

No one knows how to deal with this ?

idata
Community Manager

Please, let me double check this.

Amy C

薛飞
Beginner

Have any news?

idata
Community Manager

/thread/129576 nemoxf,

We are still reviewing this. We will update the thread as soon as possible.

Amy C

Ronny_G_Intel

Hi nemoxf,

The pin layout described in the Technical Product Specification where it references to "Pin 1 designator" on the board is incorrect however the pinout information is correct and the connector is in the right only the silkscreen is wrong.

See image attached.

I hope this helps,

Ronny G

薛飞
Beginner

Hi rguevara,

Thank you very much, I already know this wrong message.

After recent research, I have confirmed the connection method: pins of video signal, power supply, grounding direct connection

But the usage of three pins (HPD, BL_PWM, and BL_EN) is not very clear, and the direct connection method did not allow the flat panel display to work properly..

I connected BL_PWM and BL_EN to LCD_VCC (3.3V), the backlight worked.

Pecelec tells me that HPD direct connection may not be recognized, but need to short-circuit HPD and LCD_VCC (3.3V) on the motherboard side, so that the motherboard thinks it receives the HPD signal from the monitor. I am going to wait for the new machine to arrive and try it.
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi nemoxf,

I am not an expert in building systems with eDP Flat Panels but I will do my best to help you with that.

Please ping me later when you get some results with the new system.

Thanks,

Ronny G

idata
Community Manager

/thread/129576 nemoxf,

Please, let us know if you were able to test the new machine.

Amy C

薛飞
Beginner

hi,Amy C

I have solved this problem.

The line order is sample, just one by one: HPD--->HPD, PWM--->PWM, Lane1_N--->Lane1_N, etc.

But the shielding of signal lines(LaneX_NP, AUX_NP, HPD, PWM) is very importent. I chose coaxial shielded cable as the signal lines, and problem's solved.

idata
Community Manager

We are glad to hear that /thread/129576 nemoxf!

Thank you for sharing your solution.

Amy C