cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LJagt
Beginner

NUC 7i5BNH HDMI Audio is not listed as Playback device

Hello,

I have a NUC 7i5BNH running under Windows 10 64 bit and can not get the HDMI Audio to work on my monitors.

I have updated all drivers and can see that Intel Display Audio is listed in Device Manager under Sound, video and game controllers but it does not appear in the Sound control dialog.

I have both "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices" selected, but all that shows up are the Realtek devices connected through the audio jack.

I am running one monitor on the native HDMI port and one on the Thunderbolt port.

The Intel Display Audio driver is 10.24.0.1 dated 10/26/2017

The Graphics 640 driver is 23.20.16.4849 dated 10/27/2017

Windows is 10 Pro version 1703 Build 15063.726

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling nd have updated the bios and hdmi firmware to the latest version.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello vandel883,

Thank you for joining the Intel® NUC Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the HMDI audio.

Could you please let me know the model of your monitors?

Regards,

Amy C.

LJagt
Beginner

One is a Dell 2408WFPb and one is a Gateway FPD2485W

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for that information.

I double check the specs for your monitors and noticed that the reason why you are unable to get audio through HDMI is because none of the monitors have a built-in speaker. Actually, both of them provide an optional speaker bar; therefore, the Intel® NUC is unable to list them as Playback devices.

Check the specs here:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/2518/4 Dell 2408WFP Specifications and Appearance - 24" LCD Roundup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pST2U8PJ8w Gateway FPD2485W 24in LCD Monitor Review - YouTube

Regards,

Amy C.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/120043 vandel883,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.