Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC 8i7HVK issues with Asus XG Station Pro (Windows 10, 1909)

The fan in my NUC 6i7KYK recently went out, and after warranty with Intel, I was able to purchase the 8i7HVK. I have done a clean Windows 10 install, and am using the latest version of drivers for both the Intel graphics and the AMD RX Vega 64 (per Intel the latest working of Adrenalin, 20.2.2). 

With the 6i7KYK, I was able to use the Asus XG Station Pro with the AMD 5700 XT card, and it worked flawlessly. I have installed the XG Station drivers, and have the latest Thunderbolt 3 drivers and command center working.

When I turn on the XG Station and open the Adrenalin software, it shows both the RX Vega 64 and 5700 XT. However, when I go to open GPU Tweak II, it says "Load vender.dll Fail. Please install VGA driver.".

This issue *only* occurs when the XG Station is powered on. If it's turned off (only the Intel graphics and RX Vega graphics are "on"), GPU Tweak II will load without issue, showing the RX Vega graphics. And with the 6i7KYK, this issue never occurred.

I need to load GPU Tweak II because that's how you control the cooling fans in the XG Station Pro. Since this worked fine with the 6i7KYK, it seems to be related to some kind of interference with the RX Vega graphics. 

I have even tried installing GPU Tweak II first, then doing the AMD drivers to see if that helps. That process was as follows:

• Uninstall AMD Adrenalin 20.2.2, restart
  • Run AMD cleanup utility, restart
  • Second monitor no longer works, night light in Windows no longer works
  • Install AMD Adrenalin 20.7.1 (latest version), restart
  • Second monitor still does not work, and the resolution goes wild, from 1920 x 1080 (native) to something that feels like 640 x 480
  • GPU Tweak II *does load* and shows *both* RX Vega and 5700 XT in settings

However, with the Adrenalin 20.7.1 drivers, as I said, the second monitor no longer works, night light no longer works, and the native resolution is terrible. I then repeated the process above, except installed Adrenalin 20.2.2, and was able to solve those issues, except GPU Tweak II will not load for the 5700 XT (or show it in the drop down). 

tl;dr what I have concluded is this:

• The last working version of Adrenalin per Intel and testing is 20.2.2. This will not let me load GPU Tweak II and I cannot control the XG Station Pro fans, but will let me use dual monitors, night light, and native resolution of my monitors.
  • The latest version of Adrenalin is 20.7.1. This will let me load GPU Tweak II and I can control the XG Station Pro fans, but will not let me use dual monitors, night light, and native resolution of my monitors.

Any suggestions or feedback as to how to get this solve would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi mgilbert,

We are currently looking into your report, please allow us a few days and we will get back to you.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi @Ronny_G_Intel ,

No problem, thank you for taking a look into this!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi @Ronny_G_Intel 

Just wondering if you had an update on this for possible solutions, it would be nice to use my external GPU like I did with my NUC 6i7KYK before the fan went out.

Best,
Michael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Tags (1)
0 Kudos