Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BMile
Beginner

NUC 8i7HVK showing as HVB no radeon graphics in device manager

I got a NUC8iHVK so I could do some more involved graphic processing. I tried to install a program (BlueSkyPlan) and it said I didn't have OpenGL 3.0 support and that it was required to run the software. I tried to update the drivers but was told they were the most up to date. I then got the Intel system scan software and this is what it showed.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro(10.0.17134 Build 17134)

Physical Memory (Installed): 16 GB

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8809G CPU @ 3.10GHz

System Type: x64-based PC

Total Installed Updates: 22 Updates - See Detailed View for more information

Display Adapter(s): Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 23.20.16.4973

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter 10.0.17134.1

System Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

System Model: NUC8i7HVB

Network Adapter(s): Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) 10.0.17134.1

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 20.50.0.4

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-LM 12.15.22.6

Intel(R) I210 Gigabit Network Connection 12.15.22.6

Disk(s): Brother MFC-J985DW USB Device 0.0 bytes (available) 10.0.17134.1

Generic SU32G SD Card 29.64 GB (available) 10.0.17134.1

WDC WDS500G2B0B-00YS70 399.18 GB (available) 10.0.17134.1

As far as I know the 8809g processor only comes with the HVK model but the scan utility shows my system as an HVB model and there are no radeon graphics. Did I somehow get the wrong system in the correct box or is there something that needs to be done to activate the radeon graphics?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello briandmiles,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

I understand that you are experiencing Radeon™ RX Vega M GH graphics issues when opening applications. I would like to provide more information about this.

According to the report attached, the graphics driver for Radeon™ RX Vega M GH is not installed on your Intel® NUC. In this case, our recommendation is that you can perform a clean install of the graphics driver for Intel® HD Graphics 630 and then install the latest graphics driver for both integrated and discrete graphics.

You can follow these steps:

1.Disconnect your unit from the internet.

2.Uninstall both the Intel Graphics driver and the Intel Display audio driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

-Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

-Uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver or the Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager Method.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

3.Restart your computer. Go to the device manager and check if Windows installed another version of the graphics driver. If it does, please remove it and restart your computer one more time. Repeat the process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

4. Install the graphics driver for Intel® HD Graphics 630 first.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27894/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=98909

Reboot your system.

5. Then, install the graphics driver for Radeon™ RX Vega M GH Graphics.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27894/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=136866

6.Once the latest driver has been installed, you may enable the internet connection again.

Wanner G.
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Just so you know, NUC8i7HVB is the identifier for the board (baseboard, motherboard, whatever you want to call it) that is used in the NUC8i7HVK NUC. The 'B' in the string indicates board. The 'K' indicates that it is a kit with a low-profile chassis (the corresponding 'H' that you will see with other, more-standard NUC models (like the NUC7i7BNH, for example) indicates a kit with a higher-profile chassis; the higher profile being necessary for the SATA drive bay). Since the NUC8i7HVK ships as a kit (i.e. you have to add memory, storage and O/S yourself) and not as a full system, SMBIOS strings are provided only for the board; they are not provided for the chassis or the overall system (though you can add these strings yourself using intel Integrator Toolkit).

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hello briandmiles,

I hope you found the information provided on this thread helpful.

If you still need any assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.
MLevi
Valued Contributor I

Hi Brian,

I have a NUC8i7HVK, and confirm that BlueSky does install and run with the correct Radeon driver.