Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zahorin
Beginner

NUC BXNUC10I7FNH2. Problems with graphics card and HDMI connection to Samsung TV.

Jump to solution

NUC BXNUC10I7FNH2 Intel Core i7-10710U
Graphics card and HDMI connection to Samsung TV.
Since I bought the NUC and connected it via HDMI to the TV, strange behaviors have occurred, which did not happen to me with my previous PCs.
1. I can't get the monitor to be taken as screen 1. Samsung TV connected by HDMI always shows as 1.
2. The monitor is connected by USB-C to DP, with a direct cable, without adapters.
3. With the monitor and TV turned off and the NUC turned on, but not in use, the TV suddenly turns on showing the Windows screen.
4. While watching TV, all of a sudden it switches to the HDMI of the TV and the Windows screen is displayed. This can happen several times in an hour.
5. When I connect the TV the Windows image is always displayed.
6. If I turn off the monitor while the TV is on, the TV switches and shows all the windows I was viewing on the monitor.
7. If I am watching any video through the HDMI from the NUC to the TV, the video suddenly disappears and the Windows screen appears.
I guess it will be up to the controller. 27.20.100.8681 is installed.
I have switched to the NUC for the better and now using it is a nightmare.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
zahorin
Beginner

Okay.
Thank you very much Leon.
I have already followed your instructions.
Whoops! It was not a driver thing like I thought!

Kind regards from Spain, where we have a historic city called León.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Enter BIOS settings (click on F2 during boot process while you see the Intel NUC logo).

2. Click on Advanced > Video and select the IDG Primary Video Port  (in your case you want probably the Thunderbolt)

3. Click on Advanced > Onboard Devices and disable HDMI CEC Control. Disable Auto Turn On TV.

4. Click on F10 to save the new settings and exit from BIOS.

Leon

zahorin
Beginner

Okay.
Thank you very much Leon.
I have already followed your instructions.
Whoops! It was not a driver thing like I thought!

Kind regards from Spain, where we have a historic city called León.

View solution in original post

LeonWaksman
Super User

I'm glad to help you. Spain is beautiful. Keep safe

Regards from Israel.

Leon