cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JOCon2
Beginner

NUC Board DE3815TYBE - Connecting a GPU to the mini PCIe slot

Hi,

I have a DE3815TYBE and am trying to run a graphics card from it without much look. I'm using a fairly standard mini PCIe -> PCIe x16 riser.

I've confirmed the slot actually works with a wifi card that is recognised just as it should be.

The bizzare thing is the behaviour of the board when a card is plugged in. It doesn't display anything out to my monitor yet the power LED is on. It seems to be in a strange power mode though. The USB Suspend hub LED doesn't come on as it does on a usual boot, and when you press the power button the board briefly powers down before coming back on again, only properly turning off when the button is held for a fairly long time (this is contrary to typical behaviour).

Any thoughts? I know mini PCIe can't handle all 16 lanes, but as far as I can tell using a GPU with a mini PCIe port is fairly common and while limited in bandwidth has none of these issues

Does anyone have any thoughts or maybe avenues to look into?

Thanks,

Joshua

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello joshuao,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

The mini-PCIe connector on the DE3815TYBE NUC board is provided for the addition of a wireless capability. This means that the PCI Express slot will not support external GPUs.

Wanner G.
idata
Community Manager

Hello joshuao,

I sent you a private message.

Wanner G.