Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC HDMI --> Monitor Display port feasible or not?

I have NUC 8I5BEK; it works fine with my monitor's DVI using hdmi-DVI cable. I wanted to use monitor with NUC hdmi --> Monitor Display port, but see nothing. Can I connect NUC hdmi to DP or is that not supported?

Also I see possibility to use the usb-c port to connect to DP; can I use that with just a single monitor?  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

1. You can connect HDMI output to DP port on your monitor. The HDMI to DP cable/adapter should be verified that is working and so the monitor. You need also to choose the right monitor input (i.e. DP).
  2. You can also use (and I prefer this solution), USB-c to DP connection. Again use correct cable and choose the DP monitor input.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

So the cable I got my boss to buy is not working :(

I did know about selecting the Display Port input, but that (or auto select) made no difference.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

RBeck12, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the problem is still present or if by any chance you were able to find the proper cable/adapter for this configuration?.

If the problem remains, please provide the model of the monitor/TV you are using so we can further assist you.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Highlighted

RBeck12, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos