Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R_Kede
New Contributor I

NUC Kit NUC8i3BEH, Does not wake up from sleep

I have a new NUC8i3BEH pc, which sometimes does not wake up from sleep.

I have updated all drivers & BIOS with "Intel Drivers assistant" but to no avail.

Please tell me what to do to fix it.

BIOS Version 0073

SMBIOS Version 3.2

Operating System

Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language (64-bit)

Version 1903

OS Build 10.0.18362

0 Kudos
11 Replies
NEKOmaru
Beginner

Hi RKede,

I had the same trouble on NUC8i5BEK. I had been checked some points but not solve in that time.

-change a SO-DIMM

-reinstall drivers

-change a HDMI cable

-BIOS settings

-pray

so I turned off the sleep setting.

but I replaced NUC. then the problem has been fixed.

cat

WCHIN15
Beginner

My NUC8i7HNK has the same problem.

BIOS has been updated to the latest

R_Kede
New Contributor I

Thanks for your input.

I would also mention about the above mentioned issue, it occurred again in a Linux distro I run ( KDE Neon ), therefore I conclude the issue must reside in the NUC's BIOS & / or with the hardware of the unit itself.

Sometimes is seems as if the NUC pc has awoken, but there's no display whatsoever.

I hope someone in Intel is reading this....

Alberto_R_Intel

RKede, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

You mentioned the drivers are up to date, just to make sure, please install the Intel® graphics driver version 25.20.100.6519 which is the latest available in our web site:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28601/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Intel-NU...

Which video port are you using to connect the monitor/TV?

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician   

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

R_Kede
New Contributor I

Alberto.R , Thank you for your reply.

I'm using graphical driver for windows 10_64 bit Version: 25.20.100.6519 (Latest). My monitor is connected through HDMI cable.

As I mentioned before, the issue occurs also in a Linux distro ( KDE_Neon ). Sometimes it seems like my PC has awoken but there's no display whatsoever.

I just want you to know about this issue.

Hope you can do something about it....

thank you

Alberto_R_Intel

RKede, you are very welcome, thank you very much for providing those details.

Since the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i3BEH is using the Intel® Core™ i3-8109U processor and that processor works with Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 655, we can try to install the latest Intel Graphics driver for that graphics controller, which is version 26.20.100.6912:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28888/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=140931

Regards,

Alberto R.

R_Kede
New Contributor I

Alberto.R , Thank you once again for your reply.

regarding your suggestion I had actually installed the driver 26.20.100.6912 before your first reply but to no avail.

after your first reply I downgraded the driver to Version: 25.20.100.6519.

the problem occurs with both of graphic drivers as it does with Linux distro's like KDE Neon. My NUC8i3BEH sometimes does not wake up from sleep, which leaves me no other choice but shutting it down with "power button", and restarting it again. it happens few times a day so It's really inconvenient.

I appreciate your good will & hope this malfunction will be reported to whom it should be reported to.

Hoping to get some fix for it in the next update....

Regards.

Ronen

Alberto_R_Intel

RKede, you are very welcome, thank you for letting us know that information.

In reference to your feedback, yes, I will report this scenario to the proper department for them to be aware of your comments and about this situation.

Since you basically tried all the troubleshooting steps that we recommend, at this point we can always replace the Intel® NUC for you, it has 3 years of warranty, if you are interested in that option please get in contact directly with the local Intel® support department and they will further assist you with the replacement process:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html#@6

Regards,

Alberto R.

R_Kede
New Contributor I

Alberto.R , Thank you once again for your reply.

I will consider replacing my NUC since I'm probably the only one with this issue.

Regards.

Ronen

Alberto_R_Intel

RKede, you are very welcome, thank you for your response.

Yes, for this specific scenario to replace the Intel® NUC will be the next thing to do.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

R_Kede
New Contributor I

I really hate to bother but after 2 days of negotiating with "Intel customer support Technician Eduard" I was told to replace my memory card with one of Intel's Validated Ram modules.

I'm afraid i can't find any of of these modules in my region which is Israel ( middle east ).

Further, everything works regularly with this memory module. I understand it's a little bit faster than my NUC's motherboard supports, but i don't believe my ram module is the source of the problem.

I believe I got a faulty pc and no memory module will fix it.

I can't gamble on my money like this when my pc is fully operational except for sleep mode.

If the problem persists after i have bought my new ram module no one will give me a refund.

I think I'll stick with my NUC the way it is without buying a new memory module.

next time I'll buy something else.