Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12531 Discussions

NUC M15 LAPBC710 laptop - optimize fan profile and battery limits

kappabruce
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to suggest two things that should be enhanced in a future BIOS update.

1. The default fan curve is quite annoying and pointless. If the CPU temperature hovers in the 50C range, the fan would constantly turn on and off resulting in distracting noise. The curve should be optimized to ramp up more smoothly and shouldn't turn on until 60C+ has been sustained for a period of time.
  2. There should be an option to set a battery charge limit, for example to 80%. This will greatly prolong battery lifespan and reduce degradation for those who mostly use the laptop plugged in.

Furthurmore, some OS related issues I encountered:

1. During Windows 10 or 11 install, the touchpad does not function. Therefore one is forced to plug in a mouse to proceed with the installation.
  2. In various Linux distributions, including Ubuntu and Fedora, the webcam and touchscreen is not detected or functional.

I hope these issues can be passed to the relevant development team so that they can be fixed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeividA_Intel

Hello kappabruce,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I do appreciate the feedback provided. I have submitted your ideas to the team in charge, they will review them and take the actions needed if the changes are possible. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician