Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12525 Discussions

NUC - NUC11PAHI70001 - At request to Sleep via Windows 11 - goes into high CPU becomes unresponsive

BodhiOne
Novice

Windows 11 on NUC11PAHI70001.  At a request for Windows to go to sleep via the UI the NUC will stop output on the HDMI port (only display being used) , will go into apparently high CPU mode (fan comes on) and unit becomes unresponsive.  Have to press and hold power button for 10 seconds to turn off in order to reboot and regain control.

BIOS: PATGL357.0042.2021.1213.1702. 

All drivers updated to latest.  

Windows 11 Pro: 22000.652 (latest)

Nothing obvious in Windows Event Viewer.  I'm unable to 'see' what the NUC is doing as HDMI output has been turned off in response to the sleep command.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BodhiOne
Novice

FYI - In looking at other NUC display issues on the community boards I went ahead and updated a setting in the BIOS for graphics/display output to only use HDMI.  This seems, at least for the moment, to have resolved the issue with Sleep from Windows. 

I do not have any other display connected to my NUC, only using standard HDMI (output to ASUS 27" 1440P LED-lit Monitor (VZ27AQ) - QHD (2560 X 1440)).

Steven_Intel

Hello BodhiOne,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to better assist you, please download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

BodhiOne
Novice

Note: I have downgraded the video drivers to intel-27.20.100.9466-igfx_win10_100.9466 as indicated here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000090392/intel-nuc.html

I do not see any improvements to anomalous behaviors on my NUC 11.

BodhiOne
Novice

Last night I put my NUC to sleep from windows.  This morning I looked at the device was off.  At power start I saw this message described here:  https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087746/intel-nuc.html

Warning system as recovered from an over- temp condition

I see nothing in the Windows Event viewer indicating a cause.   At this point I have low confidence in this unit.  Either I have a lemon or NUC 11 is a problem child.   

BodhiOne
Novice

Intel team, you can stop tracking this incident/request.  After this mornings incident I have decided to return my NUC 11.  It just seems not ready for prime time.  Thanks.

SkullTrail
New Contributor I

Would like to have done the same, but due to supply and mission critical status these cannot be returned.

Steven_Intel

Hello BodhiOne,

Thank you for your response.

We will still work on this issue, so we appreciate all the information provided, and we are sorry to hear you have decided to return your NUC.

In case you have any concerns, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.