I have Hades-Canyon NUC (i7) I want to play surround sound 5.1 digital audio via my TOSLINK port to my receiver (logitech z906). In my Sound Properties, the Realtek Digital Output(RCA) is the default device. It only gives me stereo options. I had this working before in Windows 10 but the latest Realtek update seems to have broken it. I've tried rolling back drivers and even waaay older windows 7 (rltk2.8) drivers but nothing could give me back 5.1
I have now reinstalled the latest driver and the Realtek Audio Console (only stereo options).
If I run mmsys.cpl and try to configure the device the "configure" button is greyed out... I used to be able to configure it to 5.1 from there. Please help
Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.
To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:
- Was there any major hardware or software change before the issue started?
- Did you make any hardware or software changes before the issue started?
- Are you able to try and use another connection besides the TOSLINK port?
- Does the Logitech z906 work as expected on another system?
- Is the latest firmware version for the Logitech z906 installed?
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Intel Customer Support Technician
We hope you are doing fine.
We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.
Intel Customer Support Technician.