cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BFrau
Beginner

NUC TPM2.0 and Intel TXT

Hey folks,

we are looking for a NUC form 7th generation. We need a TPM2.0 and Intel TXT technology. Do the NUC from the current generation support TPM2.0 and TXT? Or do we need to buy something else?

Do the NUC's from the following list already contain a TPM2.0 or do we need to buy a seperate TPM-Chip?

https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/articles/000007452/mini-pcs.html Trusted Platform Module Information

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

All NUCs either include a 2.0-compliant hardware TPM or provide support for Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT), which implements the equivalent of a 2.0-compliant TPM within the Management Engine. Those NUCs that support Intel PTT do not provide an option for adding a hardware TPM.

If you do not want to use Intel PTT and are looking for a NUC that includes both a 7th generation Intel Core i5/i7 processor and a hardware TPM, then you want one of the DN NUC products (NUC7i5DNKE/NUC7i7DNKE for low-profile chassis or NUCi5DNHE/NUCi7DNHE for taller chassis with 2.5" SATA HDD bay). Alternatively, if you want something that can be embedded or put into a fanless chassis, you can look at the NUC7i5DNBE/NUC7i7DNBE board products.

Hope this helps,

...S

BFrau
Beginner

Dear Scott,

thank you very much for your answer. We're definitely looking for a TPM2.0 TXT compliant hardware platform.

Thanks,

Bastian

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Well then, my answer stands; you want one of the DN NUCs. To be clear, it is the Core i5- and Core i7-based DN NUCs that you want to look at; the Core i3-based DN NUCs do not meet the same set of requirements.

....S