Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

NUC d34010wyk doesn't boot with dual monitors

I have a miniDP to DVI as a primary monitor and miniHDMI to HDMI is a big screen TV. Both screens work, but after a reboot I only get to BIOS screen and it hangs after that. It only reboots successfully if I unplug either of the video cables.

Most recent BIOS/drivers as of 1/27/2014.

Anyone had the same issue?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Re: NUC d34010wyk doesn't boot with dual monitors

I am sorry for the trouble.

May I ask, does this issue happen with an older BIOS version?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

I installed the new BIOS right away, is there any way to test it without reverting the BIOS?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Is there any way I can escalate this through Intel's support department? Really like the NUC otherwise, but this has to be fixed, to make it usable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

It would really help testing with default settings in BIOS and with a previous version.

Please share the hardware configuration of your system and http://www.intel.com/support/siu.htm Intel® SIU report.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Ran SIU report, reference number 0237 4426

Will try to install precious version of BIOS next to see if the issue persists.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Installed BIOS WYLPT10H.86A.0022.EB, same result. The audio device for HDMI not showing after reboot. Like before, it shows sometimes and then stays until the next reboot/sleep/display change.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

How is the operating system drive connected to your system (SATA, mSATA, USB)?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23607 BIOS version 0024 has been recently released; you may want to give it a try.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

mSATA SSD inside the box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Could this be related to the pin 20 in the Displayport cable? There are reports of different issues over the internet including Intel® SSDs, as you can see here: /message/219862 https://communities.intel.com/message/219862

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Joe

in my case it has nothing to do with the Displayport cable (because it is not a Displayport to Displayport cable). My NUCs are connected like this:

1. Monitor mini HDMI to DVI

2. Monitor mini Displayport to DVI

I have 1 NUC which works fine. 2 others won't boot with two connected screens (doesn't matter which I unplug). I also updated the Intel graphic driver to 10.18.10.3496. The BIOS version is: WYLPT10H.86A.0025.EB (just checked if there is a newer).

Any idea?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Well, it seems that so far the common factor is the miniDP to DVI cable. I may suggest an active video converter instead of the passive one you are using.

0 Kudos