Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I
1,348 Views

NUC electric on the surface

This NUC d54250wykh has become electric on the surface, so every time its grabbed to put in USB stick, it hurts

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor II
7 Views

Check the ground connection in your wall socket. If you have a bad ground there you might get shocks not only from the NUC but also from other appliances plugged into that socket.

Highlighted
New Contributor I
7 Views

I suspect there is something either there or at the NUC power supply stick. But how do you check it without touching?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II
7 Views

Don't know which country you're in, however in the USA we have ground fault testers for about $10 in most hardware stores.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I
7 Views

Where is the current when walking in rubber and the NUC is placed on wood?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III
7 Views

In that case the current will come through the PSU.

But if you have a shortcircuit within your NUC this power will be able to "leak" to the chassi. For example through badly isolated antenna connectors (the antenna is part of the chassi).

You can also get current through the monitorcable if the monitor for some reason is bad or if the wallsockets are misconfigured regarding analog earth.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II
7 Views

Pvp, I'm assuming you're somewhere in the northern hemisphere. In that case you have your heat on since it's cold outside. The dry air makes static electricity build-up relatively easy. Rubber shoes and wooden floors will only make it worse. Use a humidifier or stop wearing rubber shoes near the NUC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I
7 Views

Also the metal window and the television are electrocuted now??? Get shock by touching any metal in room! So where is it coming from??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II
7 Views

static electricity buildup. Stop wearing rubber shoes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I
7 Views

Impossible! How do u get rid of the static before touching???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II
7 Views

Don't allow it to build-up. By having very dry air and wearing rubber shoes on wooden floor you allow yourself to build-up static electricity. Then when you touch anything that is grounded - your metal window or the NUC you discharge what you have build-up.

0 Kudos