Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
12001 Discussions

NUC fan runs 100% of the time. HD light flashes consistently.

cuspub
Novice

I actually replied to another older post regarding a similar issue, with little result. 

Scenario: 

Start-up is fine, no apparent issues, however within several seconds, the fan starts and continues to run (unabated) and the SSD light flashes (approx. every 1 to 2 seconds) non-stop. Irrespective if I am simply sitting in front of the computer having lunch (for example) while not touching the keyboard, watching vids, nothing for say half an hour.

Yep, the fan keeps going (I checked and it is 100% free of lint or dust) and the drive light flashes.

Perplexing, and I am assuming not good the NUC.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
cuspub
Novice

Frankly, my knowledge and ability with such things is not flash. I have attached the scans and ask if possible for analysis please.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello cuspub,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-window...  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Have you loaded the BIOS to default settings?

3. Have you updated the BIOS?

4. Have you tried with a different fan configuration?

5. What is the model name of your NUC?

6. Have you noticed overheating on your NUC?

Regards, 

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

cuspub
Novice

Frankly, my knowledge and ability with such things is not flash. I have attached the scans and ask if possible for analysis please.

LeonWaksman
Super User

How your NUC idle mode is affected, after disconnecting the internet connection (both LAN and WiFi)?

Leon

cuspub
Novice

Thanks so much for the responses. Incredibly, after chatting to a local PC geek, he made such a simple suggestion: do a thorough virus scan - which I did using both online and defender. Lo and behold, irrespective of there having not been any warnings, issues were found and the problem solved. Sorry for the invonvenience.

DeividA_Intel

Hello cuspub, 

Thanks for the update, 

I am glad to hear that you were able to fix the issue with the help of a friend. If you have any future issues or inquiries, do not hesitate to create a new thread.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. 

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician