Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLigo
Beginner

NUC replacement issue

I'm currently in the process of trying to have my 6 month old NUC NUC7i7BN replaced due to it just shutting off and no longer switching on. I bought this with a 16GB Optane module installed. The first thing I did after buying it was to replace the Optane module with a Samsung M.2 SSD. Therein lies the issue. Intel wants me to send the NUC back with the Optane module whose whereabouts I have no idea. I informed the CS rep that I no longer have it and if could I send the NUC back without it. I got a reply saying that the "depot" needs it but he would try his best to get the approvals team to consider my request. I'd really be disappointed by not being able to get my defective NUC replaced because of a technicality. I was expecting a little more consideration given that this is a premium product. This is my fourth NUC and I was really tempted by the NUC 8. I must admit this is putting a damper on my enthusiasm for the NUC8. I'm still hoping that the CS rep comes through though. Has anybody been in this situation and how did it turn out?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

Hello jligones

Thank you for joining the community.

I have sent you a private message please to provide you with case information, please review your private inbox.

Regards,

Leonardo C.