Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC will not boot up.

The NUC was working great. Did updates and when reboot happened, no monitor and the NUC shuts off as soon as the HD light comes on then it starts over again with Blue Power light and shutsdown when HD light comes on. Did this for 3 hours. Have tried all F keys and nothing works. The monitor works with other nucs. Have unplugged power and held power button for 30 seconds also. Device has not been deployed and is under warranty.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

1. What is your NUC model?
  2. What kind of update did you performed that caused this situation? Windows? Drivers? Bios?
  3. Is an Optane Memory module installed on your system? If yes, was the Optane enabled during this update?

Leon

Highlighted

Hello rSchm35,

Were you able to check Leon's post?

Best regards.

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello rSchm35,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Best regards.

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I used the Intel NUC Driver program and let it choose the drivers it needed to update and the BIOS that it said needed to be updated. Now I have a brick. Because it was under waranttee I thought going thru the process would generate a RMA so I could ship it back and get a base working OS and start over again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I used the Intel NUC Driver program and let it choose the drivers it needed to update and the BIOS that it said needed to be updated. Now I have a brick. Because it was under waranttee I thought going thru the process would generate a RMA so I could ship it back and get a base working OS and start over again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Here you may check the warranty coverage for your NUC. This page will help how to identify your NUC.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html Is the site I went to. When it was going thru its reboot process it started rebooting in a sequence where when the Hard Drive lights up the power goes off then it powers back on until the Hard Drive light comes on then it powers off again. It did this for 3 days. The NUC is new and has a warrantee until 2022 so would like to return for repair.
0 Kudos