Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC won't wake from sleep. 2 solid white lights, fan runs fast for a few secs, then nothing.

Hi all,

Intel Hades Canyon NUC 8i7HNK 8705G

It went to sleep for a few hours, and then when I tried to wake it, it was unresponsive; no lights, nothing at all. I tried holding the power button etc, no dice. I removed the power jack, and resinserted. The fan ran at full tilt for about 30 seconds, and two white lights next to the power button came on and stayed on constantly. Nothing else. Nothing on screen, it just stayed like that.

I tried removing the bios battery cable for a short while and retrying. Same thing, except the fan runs for 3 seconds or so now. Same two white lights, on constant. Nothing else.

Help! Thanks in advance.

AustenWhatsApp Image 2020-03-22 at 10.51.15.jpeg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

1. Disconnect the Power Adapter cable.
  2. Disconnect the CMOS Battery and reconnect it after 15 minutes.
  3. Reconnect the Power Adapter. If NUC starts again automatically, press and hold Power Button till the NUC is OFF.
  4. While NUC is OFF, depress the Power Button to switch NUC ON and see whats happen.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks Leon - that didn't work, I'm afraid. I tried removing the RAM sticks, and then the SSD, just to get it to POST, but it does the exact same thing every time.

Don't know what to try next. :-(

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi Austen,

Do you have other Power Supply Adapter that you can use? Can you measure the voltage supplied from the currently used Power Supply Adapter?

Leon

0 Kudos