Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC10, 3 monitor setup is possible without daisy-chaining

Through trial and error I was able to use the USB 3.1 port on the front of my NUC10 to add a 3rd monitor in extended mode.

• First, I tried daisy-chaining my 2 older monitors together.  I did not have the necessary DisplayPorts connections on the back of the monitors.
  • Second, I ran a cable from the USB-C port on the front of the NUC to the HDMI port on the back of the 3rd monitor.  No luck.
  • Third, I purchased an used belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock Mini.  The hopes here was to use the NUC's Thunderbolt 3 port to facilitate 2 monitors branching off of the belkin dock.  Not happening.
  • Fourthly, I purchased a new j5create USB 3.0 to HDMI Display Adapter.  This adapter functions as an external graphics card for up to 1080p under Windows 10.  I downloading the drivers from the manufacturer's website - which I don't think was necessary.   I also monitored the NUC's processor core temps and no problem there.  This adapter was a success, the 3rd monitor is up and running.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Hello bellona100,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

First, I would like to thank you for your post and sharing this steps to set multiple displays.

I am sure that other community peers will find this information helpful to answer their concerns.

As you do not require technical assistance with the setup used, we will proceed with the closure of this inquiry. However, If you have any question/concern please post a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Once again, we appreciate the information provided.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos