cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC10 i5 - Display blank when connected

Hi, 

I just built a NUC10 i5 and tried connecting my monitor via HDMI. After loading the BIOS, the screen subsequently goes blank. I tried with a second monitor as well using DVI to HDMI, and it just goes into power save mode (both models are listed below).

Here are the following things I tried:

• I tried updating the BIOS and all other drivers to the latest version. That did not seem to work. 
  • I tried booting it up in safe mode to try and manually adjust the resolution and screen refresh rate. While the resolution is already set correctly, I cannot change the screen refresh rate from 64hz. That's the only given option. 
  • I tried manually installing the latest generic Intel Windows 10 2004 driver (branch 27.xxx); this didn't work as it wouldn't let me manually install a non-NUC GPU driver.

Separately, the monitors work fine in safe mode and work fine with another computer, so I don't think there are any hardware issues with the monitor. 

Here are the details of my configuration:

• Windows 10 Version 2004
  • Bios Version 0039 (Latest)
  • Latest Intel GPU driver: 26.20.100.8141
  • Monitor 1: Dell E2414H
  • Monitor 2: AOC i2367F

Can someone please advise on how to resolve this? 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Is your BIOS set to default settings? If not please set the BIOS to default. However your Windows should be installed in EFI mode, since EFI boot is the default boot.

In order to set BIOS to default settings, while in BIOS, press F9 (Y) and then F10 (Y).

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Leon,

Thanks for getting back. The BIOS is already set to default settings and Windows was installed in EFI mode.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello TN, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Provide the full product code of the NUC, you can use this link for guidance: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005804/intel-nuc.html

2. Can you provide the model of the adapter that you are using from the NUC to the monitors?  

3. Have you tried a straight connection from your NUC to the monitors? For example HDMI-HDMI with no adapters in between. This is highly recommended since this NUC only supports HDMI-HDMI or DisplayPort (Type C)-Display Port or Type C, you can check that here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005571/intel-nuc.html

Regards, 

Sebastian M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello TN,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello TN,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please feel free to post a new question.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M.   

0 Kudos