Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

NUC10 i7FNH CPU speed - doesn't drop to the base speed of 1.1GHz - sits at 1.6GHz minimum

Hi, as above.

Changed minimum processor state to 1% in Power Settings, but clock speed never drops below 1.6GHz. Is this correct for a 1.1GHz CPU?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor III

What settings are made in BIOS?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Well, many. What should I be looking for?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hi @JChas2​,

You should have a Performance Tab within the BIOS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello JChas2,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

If the processor is not getting to the base frequency and if the Intel® NUC is not having any performance issues it's fine, there could be some reasons why the processor is not reaching the base frequency. it could be caused for Intel SpeedStep® Technology for Intel® Processors and Intel® Turbo Boost Technology also the tasks being performed in the background Windows services, apps running, etc that can be changing the frequency of the processor when the Intel® NUC is being used.

Here some information about the technologies mentioned above:

Intel SpeedStep® Technology for Intel® Processors

It allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency, decreasing average power consumption and heat production. so if this Technology is not active in the BIOS the processor won't decrease to much the frequency.

Intel® Turbo Boost Technology

Intel Turbo Boost Technology is a way to automatically run the processor core faster than the marked frequency. 

If you want to make sure that your processor is working fine you can download and run the tool Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool.

You can also use Intel® Processor Identification Utility then take a screenshot and upload it to the thread, this tool will show the expected and reported speed by the processor.

Best regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello JChas2,

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello JChas2,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos