Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12118 Discussions

NUC10FNK: switched off in the bios TPM and SGX

cinfo
Beginner

NUC10FNK: switched off in the bios TPM and SGX. With F10
Product Code: BXNUC10i5FNK2
saved. Now the NUC10FNK no longer boots?
- blue LED lights up
- HDMI output / no picture

What can I do?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
cinfo
Beginner

NUC10FNK: switched off in the bios TPM and SGX. With F10
Product Code: BXNUC10i5FNK2
saved. Now the NUC10FNK no longer boots?
- blue LED lights up
- HDMI output / no picture

What can I do?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

For starters, disconnect power completely for 15 minutes and then try again.

If that doesn't work, power off and then power on again - but this time, hold the power button down for a full 3 seconds or until the Power LED changes color. After releasing the button, the NUC should display the Power Button Menu within 15-20 seconds. Use F2 in this menu to get into BIOS Setup. Once in BIOS Setup, use F9 to reset the BIOS configuration and F10 to save the change and exit BIOS Setup. You can then reenter BIOS Setup and make any changes you desire.

If that doesn't work, unplug everything (including power) from the NUC, remove the bottom plate, remove the two screws holding the board in the chassis, (carefully!) pop the board out of the chassis and unplug the CR2032 battery. Keep it unplugged for 15 minutes and then put it all back together. Power on and clear BIOS configuration as above. There are videos on YouTube that show how to do this.

Hope this helps,

...S

LeonWaksman
Super User

In case that you will need to disconnect the CMOS battery connector, there is no need to remove the boar, since the connector is located on the board (bottom) the visible side. Just open the bottom cover and remove the SSD to get access to this connector. Then with tweezers, carefully pull the connector wire to remove it from its socket.

Leon

cinfo
Beginner

Hi,

I did - >> pulled the jumper to the battery, waited 1 day, then held down the power button for 3 seconds when switching on - but unfortunately there is no image output via the HDMI output from the NUC - unfortunately I don't see a menu?

cinfo

LeonWaksman
Super User

You may try BIOS Recovery by the BIOS Security Jumper Removed:

Step I:

1. Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 . Format your USB with Quick Format option unchecked. Do not format your USB in MAC (OS) or Linux machine. Use Windows. Download the FNCML357.0053.RECOVERY.zip and extract the FNCML357.cap file. Copy the FNCML357.cap file to the root of this USB.
2. Disconnect the power adapter and remove the bottom panel from your NUC.
3. Remove the Yellow Bios Security Jumper. (page 33 in Technical Product Specification)
5. Insert the USB with the FNCML357.cap file into rear USB slot.
6. Reconnect the power adapter and power ON the NUC. Wait 30 sec - 2min. The Recovery process will start automatically and will end after 2 -5 minutes.
7. When bios recovery is completed, press and hold the Power Button to switch the power OFF, remove the power adapter and replace the Security Jumper (pins 1-2) . Reinstall the bottom panel.
8. Power your NUC ON.
9. Enter Bios setting by pressing F2 during boot process.
10. Press F9(followed by Enter), to set Bios to default settings. Press F10 (followed by Enter), to save the settings and exit to O.S. Let the NUC fully reboot.

Step II (this step is needed after recovery in order to update the ME and EC Firmware)

1. Download FN0053.CAP BIOS file and copy it to the root of the USB stick (instead of FNCML357.cap)

2. Insert the USB with the FN0053.cap file into rear USB slot (your NUC should be OFF)

3. Power ON you NUC and when you see the Intel NUC logo, repeatedly click on F7. NUC will boot into storage menu. You should select your USB stick (mass storage device) and than the FN0053.cap file. Click enter the update will start and end during 2-3 minutes.

4. When update ends, the NUC will reboot.

Leon

cinfo
Beginner

Hi,

Sorry but, how do you do that if there is no image output from the NUC via the HDMI port from the NUC?

cinfo
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. The Recovery should start automatically, no user intervention needed. Hopefully you will see the video output after recovery finishes. Wait no more than 5 minutes.

2. BTW, see also Table 27 in TPS on page 34. When Powering ON your NUC with jumper removed (without USB stick in the port), NUC should boot into Configuration Menu.

3. You may also check if you have Video Output trough USB C port (para. 1.5.1.4 in TPS).

Leon

n_scott_pearson

Thank you Leon, you are absolutely right. I was reading NUC10 and thinking NUC7... Sigh! Looking at way too many issues all at once... 

...S

n_scott_pearson

Hold the button for longer. With the 10th gen NUCs, you should see the Power Button LED changing color or flashing.

...S

cinfo
Beginner

Hi,
the power LED changes color to red and then the device turns off?
Several times tried but no image output from the HDMI port.?

Does it help to remove the jumper for the BIOS security header & jumper?

cinfo