Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC10I7FNK will not come out of suspend

Not sure why the NUC will not come out of S3 mode or whatever it is.

always have to hard boot by holding in the power button.

For now I've set it to never sleep.

BIOS 0039

not many newer drivers posted, I've always just stuck with what Intel posts.

we also have issues with the monitor connection using USB-C to Display Port on a Dell 4K monitor. wouldn't work at all with HDMI.

Tempted to install some newer chipset drivers, maybe Samsung NVMe driver.

nuc_drivers.jpg

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Is it not coming out of suspend or is it not waking up the monitor? Try configuring with Monitor Sleep disabled and System Sleep enabled. See if that wakes ok.

What issues do you have with the USB-C-based monitor? What dongle are you using to get from USB-C (which is DisplayPort) to HDMI? I have a 4K HDR-enabled TV connected to mine and it works great, even at 60Hz. To accomplish this, I specifically purchased a dongle that fully claimed 4K@60Hz with HDR-enabled. I am say that, if it doesn't make the claim, you must presume that it doesn't support it.

I have seen folks load the Samsung NVMe driver, so that they can use Samsung tools on their Samsung SSD, but there's no need to do so other than for that (Windows provide a NVMe driver that works just fine).

In the NUC-specific pages, Intel only reports the driver versions that they have specifically tested. This does not mean that newer versions cannot be used and will not work.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

the PC doesn't wake up from sleep/suspend.

the monitor is a different issue, just a bad connection, we use the DisplayPort on the Dell monitor so using the USB-C to DisplayPort cable that is rated for 4K Video, we have tried several different cables. HDMI was impossible, just flicker on and off.

tonight I installed Samsung MVMe driver and some Logitech keyboard drivers etc. updated the Intel NIC driver. I didn't want to do too much at first, could just be one driver causing it.

I did try installing the latest Intel UHD graphics and get "not supported".

I am helping a friend with this, can continue tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. If your are using Bluetooth keyboard/mouse the wake up from Bluetooth is not supported.
  2. Wake up from S4, may be blocked, unless Deep S4/S5 in Bios is disabled.

3. Please check if Hibernate is disabled in Windows settings.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Keyboard is just USB wireless.

I was thinking about disabling hibernate, didn't think it was as easy as a checkbox?

hard for me to get into the BIOS since I am working remotely. I could probably walk him through it.

I was looking at some Intel documentation:

nuc_sleep.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Have some comment about the your procedure:

1. NUC10i7FNK is equipped with new Bios Aptio V. In this Bios the option Wake on USB from S5 doesn't exsits. See the BIOS Aptio V Gloassary.
  2. Enabling USB S4/S5 Power function, may have unwanted result. For example supplying power to external devices, connected to USB port while NUC is OFF. This function has no effect on the Charging Port.
  3. The Secondary Power image in your procedure is from the old Bios. See the attached image, showing the new Bios.

Leon

SecondareyPowerSettings.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

are these BIOS default settings?

since I just flashed the 0039 recently they should be default?

I'll see what I come up with today, thank you for this.

he also has the NUC plugged into a UPS. UPS software not installed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

The settings related to Power and Wake parameters are defaults settings. The color parameter (in the upper part) is set by me. Reflashing Bios, doesn't resets parameters to default. In order to reset Bios to default, you nee press F9 followed by "y" and then F10 (y).

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello tstob1

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to know if you were able to try the steps recommended by the community. If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

The NUC is now coming out of sleep after I updated a few drivers. I wish I knew which driver fixed it. I didn't do a lot. I know I updated the Intel NIC driver to newer version. I tried newer Intel Graphics and it wouldn't take those.

Thanks to everyone. stay safe.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello tstob1

Thank you for your response.

It is good to know that the issue is solved after the steps you performed and now the Intel® NUC is coming out of the sleep state. Thank you for sharing the details and remember that if you need further assistance you can always contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos